CPD transmitters

G

GE

hi to all,

Is it possible to use 4-20mA Smart transmitter for CPD measurement instead of 0-5vdc (at present one)? Is the existing 0-5vdc CPD transmitter, a smart one..do we can use HART for configuration?

cheers,
prasath

1) You are on page 7, we're on page 1. What is CPD?

2) If your 0-5Vdc CPD transmitter were HART enabled, its documentation would indicate so.

The HART Foundation requires a significant tribute (licensing) payment from its users and those who pay tribute are inclined to tell the world that they've paid for HART and that their products run HART. I seriously doubt yours does HART, because HART is designed to run on 4-20mA, not a voltage range.

They would have to have an extremely fast response time.
For instance our LM6000's have a response time of 2.5milliseconds if i recall, for surge protection.

For our Frame 7EA, during our last upgrade GE installed Druck PTX 661 series that has a response time of 2kHz

I don't think a normal 3051 will meet your requirements

You can change input from a 4 wire 0-5 volt to 2 wire 4-20mA transmitter if required. The mod is documented at the beginning to the signal flow diagrams in the appendix of the application manual. you will also need to install an additional berg jumper for the 250 ohm resistor. You would also have to re-range in the IO Configurator. Note That you would have to upgrade all 3 tx's as IO configurator settings are Common for <R> <S> & <T>. I have just completed a similar modification to the P2 transmitters using drucks supplied by GE. Wouldn't have thought that smart TX's would be an issue as ours are old rosemount 1151's.

Prasath,

more information as to the type of turbine and type of control system would be helpful to most correctly answer your question.

But the simple answer to your question is that you should NOT use a smart transmitter to replace a CPD transmitter on any GE Frame or aero gas turbine.

The response rate of the smart transmitters is considerable delayed as compared to the rate of the older rosemount 1151 (non smart) and Ametek transmitters installed on older GE heavy duty gas turbines.
Most new machines out there are being fitted with Druck (now owned by GE) transmitters because of their fast response rate and reliability. These pressure transmitters are one of important signals for emissions and compressor protection algorithms.

thanks ollie,

is there any advantage over 4-20mA tx instead of using 0-5vdc tx except voltage drop...

cheers,
prasath

Can you inform me about the complete P/N of the DRUCK transmitter foe PS3 at LM6000? I have installed AMETEK model, that is obsolete these days, so I need to replace them.

REGARDS

>They would have to have an extremely fast response time.
>For instance our LM6000's have a response time of
>2.5milliseconds if i recall, for surge protection.
>
>For our Frame 7EA, during our last upgrade GE installed
>Druck PTX 661 series that has a response time of 2kHz
>
>I don't think a normal 3051 will meet your requirements

On our units we were instructed to replace the Ametek CPD transmitters PN: PG3000-500-82-12XX-03-12 with new Kulite transducers. The PTX series has already been discontinued.

Kulite PN: IPTE-476-1100-300G
GE PN:124T9950P0001 REV.001

Make sure that you order the wiring harness. GE did not tell us we would also need a harness. We realized it once the transducers arrived. There was a 10 week lead time on the harnesses. This is the part# GE gave us.

GE P/N 362A3390P001

We had an AMETEK fail and installed a rosemount transmitter until the harnesses arrive. It has not given us any problems.

S

SOFIA KOUNALI

Dear sir,

thanks for the response.

From a little research I couldn't find any datasheet for the recommended transmitter of KULITE. The installed sensor in our LM6000 is AMETEK PG3000-01M-48-13-21-01-93 (1000PSIA). I would appreciate if you could provide any link.

Thanks in advance

Try calling your GE rep. Hopefully you will have better success than we did. Discussions with our GE rep provided no other information than the GE part #.

Good luck finding a datasheet. We have requested one from GE and Kulite both. Neither have been willing to provide one. Even once the parts arrived, there was no documentation other than the part numbers I listed. We looked over the internet and couldn't find anything. We looked through their part catalog to try and find a comparable one. The transducer we would have picked based on our needs wasn't even close to the same part # on the box that we have received. We have not installed ours yet either as we are still waiting on the wiring harness.

Our unit is a 7F. The range for the part number I posted is 0-300 psi. The Ametek transmitters on our unit were 0-500. When we told our rep they weren't sure why our unit had those but did nothing to investigate why we were provided them. The zero and span were adjustable on the Ameteks. These new ones are not adjustable.

We were told that Honeywell and United Electric can provide a replacement with the same specifications. We did not contact them because we had already ordered the new ones from GE.

Same situation and here.

I have tried contact both GE and KULITE, before taking your answer.
Both ignored me. GE at the beginning has recommended the DRUCK transmitter, but after I told them our software configuration through GAP they stopped any communication.

I try to ask KULITE about the P/N you told me, as you said it doesn't include on product catalogue, but nobody answered. So I try to find out what to do from any intrested.

Already the one AMETEK transmitter has serious drift, and we try to calibrate it very often.

Thanks for your interest.