Gas turbine 7FA DLN2.6 Start Counter

K

KKK

Dear Sir,

We are operating GE frame 7FA DLN 2.6, i am posting my query regarding the start counters. in mark-VI there are several counters, i have some confusion in

What is the difference between "Total starts counter" and "manually initiated starts counter"?

Ideally total start counters should be higher than manual initiated starts counter

At our unit,

Total starts counter #92

Manually initiated starts counter #98

Regards
KKK

Hi,

Below description was prepared based on the standard code. Please check the code on your site how the following signals: L30CMIS (Manually initiated starts counter) and L30CTS (Total starts counter) are defined.

According to standard code, 'Total starts counter' (L30CTS) will count up by one if, during the start up process, two below conditions are satisfied:

1. static starter has been successfully configured for start up: 89ND opened, 89SS closed, LCI energized and EX connected to LCI

2. start up procedure was initiated with control mode selected: 'Auto'

If start up procedure has been initiated with control mode selected: 'Crank' or 'Fire' and later on, it was selected: 'Auto', the 'Total starts counter' also will count up by one, provided that in that instant, static starter still remains configured for start up (see above point 1)

The 'Manually initiated starts counter' (L30CMIS) will count up by one only, if start up process has been initiated with control mode selected: 'Auto'. Contrary to the situation presented above: if the start up has been initiated in 'Crank' or 'Fire' and later on, start up was continued by transferring to 'Auto', the 'Manually initiated starts counter' will not count up.

Regards