Pressure measurement

S

Samir Gasimov

Hello everybody.

Can I measure pressure with DP where temperature 1000 degree C? Is it possible get pressure variable from DP? If it is not possible, how can I measure pressure where temperature 1000 degree C, medium is gas.

Thanks all

A

A.C.Sankara Narayanan

Hi,

You can use extended pipe fixed with Pressure transmitter to the heating zone. Instruments you can choose VEGA, Endrass+Hausser, etc.....

S

Samir Gasimov

Dear David

I have datasheet with process dates:
Direct gauge pressure measurement
Design pressure FV/ATM barg
Design temperature 1300 degreC

With DP transmitter I get differential pressure, but I must and want to get only gauge pressure.

Best regards

If you leave the low pressure port of the DP transmitter open to atmospheric pressure and connect the high pressure port to the pressure vessel, you will have a gauge pressure transmitter.

You need to be sure the DP transmitter has a differential range that extends up to the maximum gauge pressure of the process.

> With DP transmitter I get differential pressure, but I must and want to get only gauge pressure.

All pressure measurement is a differential measurement, differential where the high side is referenced to a low side.

It's like a volt meter with two leads. The voltage measurement is the red lead voltage minus the black lead voltage. You never, ever see a voltmeter with only one lead.

You see pressure transmitters with only one port, but that's because the low side reference port is internal to the transmitter.

For gauge pressure measurement, the low side references the atmospheric pressure. In a transmitter the reference side is open to the atmosphere. The single port on an absolute pressure transmitter is the high side.

For absolute pressure measurement, the low side references absolute zero pressure. In a transmitter, the reference side is a chamber evacuated to a hard vacuum, as close to absolute zero as can be practically achieved. The single port on an absolute pressure transmitter is the high side.

For differential pressure measurement, the low side senses a pressure source that is typically not atmosphere. In a transmitter, both the high side and the low side have a separate port.

To get a gauge pressure measurement from a differential pressure transmitter, leave the low side open to atmosphere. The DP transmitter is then making a gauge pressure measurement.

Hint: If you live where insects nest, a sintered filter installed on the low port can keep critters from nesting inside the instrument. Mud daubers can be a problem.