Provox Database into an Excel Format

D

Dana Korhonen

With virtually no VMS experience (but I have a good book on VMS that I recently obtained), how can I dump the database from my Provox system (using Envox) such that I can query and sort it using an Excel spreadsheet? I would appreciate and guidance anyone can offer.

B

Brendan O'Connell

> With virtually no VMS experience (but I have a good book on VMS that I recently obtained), how can I dump the database
> from my Provox system (using Envox) such that I can query and sort it using an Excel spreadsheet? I would appreciate
> and guidance anyone can offer.

You can generate reports by type using the document feature and FTP the files from the VAX to a PC and open using Excel.

Regards
Brendan

W

Werner van de Vijver

> With virtually no VMS experience (but I have a good book on VMS that I recently obtained), how can I dump the database
> from my Provox system (using Envox) such that I can query and sort it using an Excel spreadsheet? I would appreciate
> and guidance anyone can offer.

As the Envox database is using Sybase, you could setup an Windows 4.0 NT system. using the ODBC driver "MS SQL Server" and MS Office 97 you will be able to query the database using Excel and MS Access. Specify IP address and the port used the Sybase database, connect with user "database"

W

Wassim Daoud