Running Stepper motor to Siemens PLC

D

Delta_V

Hi newbie here!

I am planning to run a Vexta stepping motor, 2.25VDC using 4 Solid state relay with an input voltage of 1.2VDC and input current of 1.5A. I'll supply its input voltage using Siemens PLC (S7200, CPU 212) so that would be for 24VDC, so I am going to put 4.7kohm resistor in series to lower the voltage to 1.2VDC. Do you still need the watts rating of the resistor and if yes is 1watt okay?? And since the SSR's input current is 1.5A and it will be connected to the PLC, would that be okay? Will it not burn the SSR? Is there an output current of the PLC??

Help please....
Thanks! =))

What's the type of SSR? I think you may have mixed up some numbers. I think, that 1,2V is the minimal threshold voltage of SSR. 1,5A could be maximum switching current of SSR. I think so because i don't see any reason why you should supply SSR through PLC. In fact which transistor output is usually capable of switching 0, 5A. The reason why i think you have some kind of confusion, is that switching signal input current of SSR is usually measured in mA on microamps.

Best regards
Rait Kuhi