GE Cimplicity Data Logging

J

James

Our techs who work on this system are relocated at the moment and we are having an issue with an HMI locking up. It appears that the pointlog.mdb is filling up greater than a gigabyte. I opened the mdb in Access 97 and during the last outage, one of those guys turned on 1 sec logging of 30 points or so, then after days of doing this, it locks up the system.

I have zero experience with this system and in the help files, it tells me to access the datalogger from the Point Configuration screen or the Cimplicity Configuration cabinet. I see no icon for either of those.

Is there some direct exe to this or another way to get to it?

Thank you

hello,

a way to stop collecting data until your site engineers get back on site is to open my computer on the sites computer, then open F: drive (for the specific unit or units) then find config.dat. Open config.dat scroll down to the bottom until you see options. Then place a ; at the beginning of the lines for SOE, event, historian, and alarm_history. This will let cimplicity skip over the command to log those events and store them. *This is a temp fix that will tell cimplicity to stop retrieving data for those options.* make sure you save and note all changes. this will stop data collecting. To free up space delete the older logs for your system to stop locking up. Hope this is helpful any other questions don't hesitate to respond to post.

Hello,

i'm having a hard time opening the pointlog.mdb. it gives me an error each time. i am using access 97. what i did was click and dragged it out of workbench onto my desktop and then tried to open it. is this the correct way?

Is the file you copied marked as read only?

Not every .mdb file is a "generic" database file, capable of being opened by a database program/application like Access.

What are you trying to do?