hydraulic Pressure Drop and Resulting Heat

S

systemer

Hi guys,

my question contains little hydraulic theory and little application. it's about pressure drop in hydraulic pipes.

my fist question is, suppose that I have a 3000 PSI constant pressure pump with a 15 L/min of nominal flow rate. The hydraulic is pumped to a piston via let say 1m of pipe then a servo valve to a piston.

1- let say that at 15 L/min fluid flowing through the pipe in a laminar way, you a have a friction factor, then you finally end up with let's say a 30PSI pressure drop at this pipe @15L/min, what we have at the end of the pipe is 2970PSI.

then this pressure P = 2970 PSI is right at the head of your P port of servo valve, okay... Assuming no leak, now 15L/min flowing through your A-B port of your servo valve, Servo valve is rated as 15L/min@1000PSI pressure drop.

This means that I will lose 1000 PSI of my net pressure of 2970PSI at this servo valve @15L/min right?

If so, then I have only left 1970 PSI at hand to push the piston and do the job? Am I right?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

MY second question is, I m assuming that 1030 PSI is a lost pressure @15l/min continues flow... what happens to this pressure is that it s converted to a heat, 100PSI pressure drop rises the temp. 1 degF, then I had a 10degF temperature rise in my fluid.. Correct?

Okay then what if the flow regime is all turbulent, meaning that it's not about viscosity that eats up your pressure but inertial force.

Question is that pressure loss in turbulent flow must still converted to the temperature due to conservation of energy right?

Please correct me if I m wrong....

thank you all