Using GE's OC 4000 DCS

R

R.Jayapal

Ours (www.cethar.com) is a leading boiler manufacturing company in India. PCS7 is recommended for non power plant applications. We have experience with ABB, Emerson DCS for large power plants of the order of over 150 MW. How about GE's OC 4000 DCS? GE claims large customer base in power plants. Comments from participants requested.

Thanks
R.Jayapal
[email protected]

Hi,

you can use the GE OC 4000 for sub-critical unit. in India 4*330MW and 4*135MW are having GE OC4000 dcs and running successfully. Now GE OC is also having new DCS for Ultra and Super-critical unit. and they are more expertise with plant automation, control solution and good services.

A

Automation observer

Hi,

Actually OC4000 is inherited from a Chinese Product of Xinhua. It is not something developed by GE and It is an acquired product. It has an good installed base in china only.

But the most unfortunate part is GE's confused approach about this product... You need to know the following answers before you proceed on this - Like

1) Why GE is developing and promoting a parallel DCS called Mark VIe?? What is reason for these two DCS for power plant application only?

2) Though OC4000 has the turbine control capability and reference, why not this used for their own GT/ST...Does it mean that GE himself does not approve this product to use for their machine?? What is the real reason??

3) What is the GE support team beyond china for this product?? Even in India???

4) And lastly what are its references in GE's own country developed countries like US, Middle east or in west Europe...

In my opinion, GE OC4000 has same fate like Siemens SPPA-T1000/Teleperm XP add which never had the support of the HQ of Germany and HQ always had a different product and agenda to follow. and as a result, This has not grown globally at all or seeing an immature death.

Hi,
Yes, OC is product of Xinhua and it came under the GE for all things related to OC DCS and Mark VIe DCS GE is responsible. And GE is having really very good site service team for OC DCS in India as well as in China and rest of the world. There is no doubt on GE OC DCS service in India they are really good.

I think Mark VIe is used for Gas Turbine Controls and OC4K and OC6ke is used for Steam Turbine and Sub and Super critical Boiler Control. Under GE OC4k is upgrade as well as developed up to OC6ke it is having the capability to control GT/ST.

There is no such thing is happened with OC. I am also customer of GE having installed and running successfully OC DCS for Complete BTG. for anything if mail or call to GE engineer we got reply with in half hours.

Hi,

What model of DCS, GE uses in super critical boilers? Same OC4000 or any other model? What is its performance feedback in super critical boiler installation? Will be happy to know from engineers of super critical boiler plants where GE DCS is operational.

R.jayapal

Hi Sir,

I got something for supercritical boiler in some plant OC4k and OC4ke is there, and some of the plant right now OC6e, choosing the model of GE DCS I think it depends on customer. System performance feedback is good, easy to modify logic and system configuration in DCS, well optimized DCS as well as easy to understand. Integration with other system is easy such as micro plc, relay, or complete other DCS system.

Thanks

OC6e is the new DCS by GE but it is not in India. Some supercritical unit are working with OC 4000. now All New supercritical unit are recommended and introduce with new GE OC 6e DCS.