Oil contamination on turbogenerator windings and rotor

M

Mark

I need help on this what effect will a 80 meggawatt hydrogen turbogenerator have with a unsignificant oil contamination on the windings and rotor? This is a new winding.

The oil is for the seal system it seems that every time the unit is run for a day then stopped the bushing inspection holes get removed and there is visible oil inside the bushing box and it seems the winding gets contaminated as well. The power plant still cant control this and have no idea what is causing the problem.

Mark

there is often sealing is provided at junction between bearing and generator in case of hydrogen cooled generator. can u explain its description?

E

electricalman

If i am not mistake, oil contamination on hydrogen cooled generator's winding can be happen when there is some anomalies on seal oil system until alarm liquid casing high on generator appeared.

If your generator is often contaminated by oil(usually at the end coil winding), you should check your seal oil system.

I am still confused about bushing inspection, do you inspect it at generator's outgoing?