Control Simulator

C

Cris

Any one has used simulator for gas turbine and steam turbine? Looking for some expert comment and suggestion. what should we select control system simulator or emulator?

I need a watch. Which watch is best: analog or digital?

How would you answer that question?

The answer depends on how you want to use the simulator.

Determine, or state, how you will be using the simulator and perhaps someone here can help guide you.

If this is just a "generic" gas turbine and you don't need specific characteristics, state that also. Or, if you need to simulate a specific gas turbine, state that.

More interested in modifying logic and see effects on GT. If I change firing curve or IGV Schedule want to see how it will react on GT. More on process and effects on GT.

That kind of "simulation" (more properly called modeling) would require a LOT of data about the machine you are wanting to experiment on that the OEM would probably consider proprietary.

There are some very sophisticated power plant modeling softwares available that could probably be adapted for what you want, but it would take a lot of data, and more than likely, a lot of estimations since it's not likely the OEM would share the information freely or readily. So, the accuracy of your modeling would be somewhat questionable.

You could talk to the OEM (presuming you are an owner/operator and not a competitor) and describe what you want to achieve and see if they would be willing to work with you to do so and still maintain reliability and parts life (presuming you are not willing to sacrifice either of those to achieve your goal--I've seen some sites that have very definite goals and don't mind sacrificing parts life, for example, to achieve a particular operating condition when necessary).

If you are an owner/operator, you would probably do best to talk to the OEM. I know of some OEMs that will provide some relatively high fidelity turbine models, presuming the purchaser is willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Or, they may be interested in working with you to develop some option they could sell to other owner/operators.

>Contact GSE

Do you have a web address (URL) for this company, or a phone number, or the complete name of the company?

Thanks!