Acronyms applications for valves

Z

ZeNetto123

For classification application type valves are criteria that are pre set with acronyms that generate certain doubts on the possibility of applying for some types of valves within the program SAP/R3.

The following abbreviations with an example of a decoded with another application and decoded with questions about natural or applicability can be multiple.

ESD - Valve SDV, literally Emergency Shut Down. Valve that stops the flow in an emergency.

HIPPS - In English: High Integrity Protection System. In my interpretation could be applied to classification VALVE. XV's ON / OFF or Blow Down, but I'm not completely sure about these applications and there are more possibilities within a pipeline system.

PSD - I have at hand a decoding for such classification valve. You know about this guy? In which valves can be applied and if there is any restriction on the performance and size of the actuator.

ESD / PSD - This combination generates the possibility of my interpretation is the following. A valve diameter high where SDV has as a principle of action triple combinations {1: DOUBLE ACTING; 2: ROTARY VANE; 3: GAS / HYDRAULIC). This confirms the interpretation of PSD has Hydraulic bond.

The valves on the pipeline issues belong Coari-Manaus, where the pressure in the main line is 120 kgf / cm ².

These questions are for correct completion within the SAP / PM, category sheet.

wistfully,
José Bezerra Netto.

W
I cannot judge what your particular SAP system acronyms are but I can address some of the acronyms if that is what you are asking below from what I have seen in the industry:

> ESD - Valve SDV, literally Emergency Shut Down. Valve that stops the flow in an emergency.<

ESD is a general term for actions performed automatically or manually during an emergency, which in relation to valves, it is an action that blocks flow (closes valve(s)) or vents pressure or material (open valves(s)). SDV means "ShutDown Valve." There are other acronyms associated with shutdown valves such as ESV or ESDV (Emergency ShutDown Valve), BDV for "BlowDown Valve," and XV which are common instrument tag letters used for on/off shutdown valves.

> HIPPS - In English: High Integrity Protection System. In my interpretation could be applied to classification VALVE. XV's ON / OFF or Blow Down, but I'm not completely sure about these applications and there are more possibilities within a pipeline system.<

HIPPS stands for "High Integrity Pressure Protection System" It is sometimes shortened to "HIPS" for "High Integrity Protection System," but they are not always synonymous. XVs' are commonly associated with HIPPS.

> PSD - I have at hand a decoding for such classification valve. You know about this guy? In which valves can be applied and if there is any restriction on the performance and size of the actuator.<

PSD can stand for "Pressure Safety Device" (e.g. a rupture disk) or "Process ShutDown" which is a lesser shutdown than an ESD and is typically considered an operational action to bring the plant to a lesser operating state.

> ESD / PSD - This combination generates the possibility of my interpretation is the following. A valve diameter high where SDV has as a principle of action triple combinations {1: DOUBLE ACTING; 2: ROTARY VANE; 3: GAS / HYDRAULIC). This confirms the interpretation of PSD has Hydraulic bond.<

Not sure what you mean here and I am not sure why you would have a combination of both gas operated and hydraulic operated for a single double acting valve. I not sure what ESD/PSD relates to this kind of valve other than a ESD or PSD can actuate the valve.

William (Bill) L. Mostia, Jr. PE
Fellow
SIS-TECH Solutions, LP

Any information is provided on Caveat Emptor basis.