MSTR Block (TCP)

D

Dororo

I need to create a program for a TSX Momentum PLC that reads and writes a series of registers to a TCP device. Each read and write is done at a timed interval. For most devices I just rewrite the destination registers and trigger a Read/Write operation. However, I have not been able to find information on how to change the Read and Write data that is in the configure extension\IO Scanner area. Any help?

Thanks

You can use the MSTR function block. Don't be too concerned about scheduling or using one function and changing the parameters. That would be terrible complicated and subject to errors.

Configure the required amount and enable them all permanently. Over time, they will all get serviced equally. Or, use the IO Scanner table and configure the read/writes. The firmware then takes care of the scheduling.

Thank you for your response. I did that first just to confirm that I could actually talk to the devices at the required registers without errors. However, there are certain commands that must be sent in sequence and cannot be sent all the time. Specifically NVRAM Store commands that are only sent after a series of commands as the number of writes is limited.