raj

i have new orifice & orifice details is given below<pre>
OD 60 mm
BORE 23.386 mm
DP mm of H2O WC 1250 MM WC
Pressure Lose 812.46 mm H2O
BETA RATIO 0.572
Reynolds Number 7.807 E4</pre>
I am install new DP type transmitter and its DP is 1250 mmwc (as per above orifice details) and sqrt is used in transmitter. its current is used in dcs system. But flow is not shows correct valve. Please help me what is the procedure to install and how to configure transmitter?

That maximum flow rate (gpm, lpm, whatever units) is missing from your list of orifice details.

The 'design' DP of 1250mm wc is the DP for a 'design' 'maximum' flow rate for some set of 'design' conditions: medium, temperature, pressure, etc.

Whatever that max flow rate is, (the max flow rate calculated for the design conditions for which that bore size produces 1250 mm w.c.), should be the value the DCS uses for the 20mA URV.

Is that the case?

J

James Fountas

The information you provided is incomplete and may contain errors.

The OD suggests a nominal 2" pipe, but your beta ratio and bore dimension suggest an ID for a schedule 40 1.5" pipe. Since I can not visual confirm the information you are providing, I suggest you get a reputable outside contractor to verify the installation and provided calculations to compare against your own.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
James Fountas
[email protected]