What is needed to measure: gauge pressure or absolute pressure

A

arocon David

high pressure hydraulic pump provide pressure to the cylinder and cylinder goes up and down and pump got hydraulic oil from a tank. I need to measure pressure of hydraulic pump and cylinder pressure.
I was wondering if anybody explain me what i need to install for measuring pressure: absolute pressure transmitter or gauge pressure transmitter.

Your reply will be great help.

R
Gauge Pressure

Absolute pressure transmitters are normally used where the process will be effected by the ambient air pressure.

Typically you might see Absolute on a steam condenser e.g. power station, evaporators

Hope this helps

Roy

Depends on what you call high pressure.

most commercial equipment (excavators, cranes, winches etc) as a rule operate at approx between 200 to 350 Bar). these type of machines are fitted with numerous gauge points around machine for maintenance purposes. commercial pressure gauges can then be fitted to measure the GAUGE pressure whilst machine is operating. these gauges are normally glycerine filled to smooth out pressure vibrations of gauge needle, at say 300 Bar what is the difference between absolute and gauge pressure, these type of machines work at sea level or on the top of mountains.