EX2000. 417 fault

V

Voyager2

We have a TG with an EX2000 excitation system and a Mark V version IDOS. At this moment, after downloading the file from PC to EX2000, we have the 417 LARCTAFL fault at the EX2000 display. We are sure that this is a software problem due to some EE that changed (or is different to original EE) when we downloaded the file from the PC to the EX2000. We didn't have this fault before downloadind the file from the PC to EX2000. Our question is.. Which EE can we check to verify if one of them is causing this fault?

Regards,
Voyager2

Dear Voyager,

I am not really sure how this fault is related to your recent download, but anything is possible.

Fault 417 indicates a problem with the Arcnet link from the EX2000 and the other nodes, so I'm not really sure how an EE could be responsible for this error.

Are you sure that this is the only fault code stored? You do understand that the EX can only display one fault code at a time. Have you tried to reset the fault or done a soft or hard reboot to the EX?
Without more information on other action taken to diagnose the issue, I really can't offer any more suggestions at this point.

Ok, MIKEVI, thank you for your answer:

We though that a change in EE could be the possible cause for this trouble because this was the only thing we did (the downloading). In further investigations we have done thereafter comparing the files of TG-3 with file of TG-4, we are thinking that the file we downloaded in this opportunity in TG-4 is the same we uploaded from TG-3 month ago and as the node addresses are the same, the EX2000 of TG-3 is looking both EX2000 at the same time. Constantly, in TG-3 (that is on service) appears the 416 fault and in TG-4 (that is stopped) appears the 417 fault.

Do you think this is possible ? Does this make sense for you ?.

HI, MIKEVI

In order to complete my previous answer I can tell you that 417 fault LARCTAFL is always appearing after we make a hard reset

Regards,
Voyager2

Voyager2,

yes I would say that it is possible that if you downloaded the file from another EX2K then the node addresses could be same for both machines, which could cause the fault 417.

I have never tried doing this, creating two devices with the same address, but it seems like this would cause a definite problem with the Arcnet communications.

Do you know which are the EE's we can verify to check if these two machines have the same address? We think these addresses are 708, 715 and 718 but we are not completely sure. Do you think that these are the correct addresses we have to change? Some tips or hints would be highly appreciated in order to proceed to change the address of the machine we think is wrong.

Thanks in advance for your answer

Voyager2

Dear Voyager2,

sorry but I have been busy with other tasks. I am not sure which configuration your site is using, either DLAN or DLAN+. I would check EE. 619 LANDRP.0 on both units and see if these have the same drop number. This is for RS422 or isolated LAN units. If you are using DLAN+ then check EE. 708 ADROPN.0 If you make any changes to these EE's you will need to hard reset the EX2K for the change to take effect. I wish you luck with your diagnosis.