advertisement
from the Process Automation department...
SIL Certification for Terminal Unit.
PLCs and related questions. topic
Posted by Pritesh Patel on 13 January, 2013 - 3:20 am
We are in process of installing the ABB 800xA system with AC800M Hi controller & S800 I/O. The system will be used for SIL-2 application. For I/O we have used AI880, AO815, DI880 and DO880. All I/O are proposed with 3-layer TU (Terminal Unit). (AI880 with TU834; AO815/DI880/DO880l with TU830).

Since carrying out maintenance job is not easy with 3-Layer TU; our maintenance department proposed to replace it by single layer TU. But contractor is telling that they do not have any single layer TU for SIL-2 application.

Please advice: "Is the SIL certificate is also required for passive component like Terminal Unit or we can use any non-SIL certified Terminal Unit?"

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Great minds run in great circles.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive