Drum level control by two element

A

atish

i would like to do drum level control for boiler with m340 plc of Schneider. please reply what is cascade control & explain two element in simple language?

By saying, Three element level control, we mean that, we take inputs from drum level transmitter, steam flow transmitter and feed water flow transmitter, to effectively control the water level in the Boiler Drum.

Now, in a Single element level control, we mean that only Input is from the Boiler Drum level only;to control its water level.

If you say two element level control, then pl. let me know, from which of the two active elements, you wish to take the input signals, for controlling the Boiler Drum level? Because there is nothing as two element drum level controller.

Thanking you,
A.K.Das.
BHILAI. C.G.490023.

We are having steam pressure, steam flow, for drum level differential transmitter. with the help of this we want to do two element control.

> We are having steam pressure, steam flow, for drum level differential
> transmitter. with the help of this we want to do two element control.

Why do you want to do something that is not going to work? Steam flow, without feedwater flow doesn't help. You will be better off just using single element level control. You need the steam pressure to properly calculate the level.

If you really want to the control right, add the feedwater measurement and do 3-element control!

In case of drum level control

a. Single element control - Drum Level as input'

b. Two element Control - Drum level and feed water flow in cascade control mode.

c. Three element Control: Drum Level and feed flow in cascade mode and steam flow in feedforward mode.

Two element control takes care of any fluctuation in feed flow before it affects the drum level & in three element control additional check is given for rise and fall in the rate of steam flow.

R

RISHI THANKS NEED MORE HELP

Dear

Thanks for imdt reply. we belongs to filed of plc programing & basic faculty is electrical. we are not process guys. Now right now we are having one project of boiler in which they are giving us drum level by differential transmitter and steam pressure and steam flow. OEM is saying that with this things there earlier supplier was doing two level control. Rishi my cell is 814190637 . Please give me miss call so i can call you & talk with you. i hope you don't mind. Also you can provide consulting for same also?

How can you implement 3 element drum controller using PLC PID logic? I have a project that needs the same. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in Advance