S7 300 Issues - Changing values in Data Base

C

chavez

I need help with S300.

I need to add another recipe in my program via DB (data block) which is needed to operate machine. Every recipe is stored in his own DB and it has a list of numbers which corresponds with operations.
Actual recipe is then loaded in main DB from which program is performing actions...

I made another DB but it always has values from my old DB (which i used for template) initial values are mine but actual values are from old DB and then old values are loaded in main DB. I try online changing it but when i reset PLC everything is back to old values.
Is there any solution that doesn't include building a new DB because there is more than 500 values in a recipe :)

Thank You very much....

If DB structures perfectly match:

1) Open ONLINE project with values you want to save
2) Copy DB from ONLINE to OFFLINE
3) Verify values and symbols/names are correct

If you're not 100% sure structures match perfectly:
1) Open OFFLINE DB
2) Click "Open Online Partner", click "OK"
3) Go to Data view. Make sure symbol names are present
4) Click "Save"
5) Click "OK" to allow overwrite (if prompted)

Actually, I just remembered something else. Once you do that, you *may* have to re-download the DB so that it gets written to the MMC.

> Actually, I just remembered something else. Once you do that, you *may* have
> to re-download the DB so that it gets written to the MMC.

Thank You very much for help.

So the most important thing is that i can use another recipe for template and build a new recipe with new values.

W

Wiwi Hartono

Hi,

Please refer to link below that explain about the Global DB and Instance DB.

I would presume your recipe DBs are Global DB.
But, your main DB could be Global or Instance.
The DB that you create is a duplicate of Global DB?

http://support.automation.siemens.c...objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

<b>Moderator's note:</b> when you copy and paste this url in your web browser, please make sure you delete the spaces the forum software inserts in the url.