Mark V Alarm

N

NurKyon

Dear all,

I have a problem with my Mark V Primary HMI which running on Cimplicity version 6.1. the alarm missing or not appeared

What i have done recently to solve the problem:
1-reboot the PC
2-copy file named alarm.cim from secondary HMI, paste at Primary HMI, then reboot.

after both action taken, the alarm still not appeared.
appreciate your helps

Thanks

NurKyon,

The GE Mk V HMI uses a special CIMPLICITY AMV alarm object for displaying Process Alarms from a Mark V turbine control panel. Everything else on the HMI can be working 100% correctly--and that AMV alarm object won't be able to display alarms correctly.

If you can see live data on the CIMPLICITY displays, problems like this sometimes occur when some one has been mucking with the Alarm Setup "tab." Try restoring the settings to Default to see if that works.

Please write back to let us know how you fare.

P.S. Contrary to Mark V legend, copying files between HMIs can lead to really difficult problems to resolve--especially if you don't save a copy of the file being overwritten to a new file with a different file name or filename extension to be able to at least get back to the original file/condition.

C
Any file with the extension of .cim SHOULD be a Cimplicity screen.

Alarm files for the Mark V SHOULD be alarm.dat.

If you are confident that the alarm.dat files share the correct information and that HMI 1 merely needs files from HMI 2 then copy the file.

Otherwise, Mark V alarm configuration is needed. Which is beyond the scope of this request.

The alarm.dat file SHOULD be located in the C:\Site\UnitX directory.

Dear Mr. Nurkyon,

Is this a TMR system? Are you able to see the live values in Toolbox?

Regards,
Anish