MB300 Upgrade

M

Mikey

Hi all,

I have 15 MB300 nodes sitting on a very old thick-net system and am looking at upgrade options. The nodes are located in four separate areas, which are already interconnected with available fiber. To me, this looks like a very straight forward conversion: Connect the nodes in each area to a 10-Mbit switch, and interconnect the switches with fiber. Does anyone who has gone down this road have insight to offer?

Thanks,

Hello Mikey

Last year we replaced our old Hirshmann setup to Cisco Catalyst 3560 switches where we have all our network available through the same switch.

We have approx. 25 AC410/450 controllers connected to the network in 3 areas and interconnected as a ring connection up to our PU410 (RTA units).

Our setup is AC450 controller -> fiber optic -> hirshmann RT1-TP/FL -> ethernet switch.

The benefits of our current setup is that we can manage our switch and setup VLANs to apply more control networks and client/server network for remote operator stations.

This ethernet setup have both worked on ABB Advant OCS and now we are running ABB 800xA.

You are welcomed to contact me at jhe_at_vestfor.dk for more details

Best regards
Jesper