RXi Processor to RXi Processor Communications

M

Mark

Need to confirm that the only way for a brand new 2013 RXi Controller can communicate with another brand new 2013 RXi Controller is via Modbus TCP and not EGD, SRTP over Ethernet or any other native GE protocol/interface.

> Need to confirm that the only way for a brand new 2013 RXi Controller can communicate with another brand new 2013
> RXi Controller is via Modbus TCP and not EGD, SRTP over Ethernet or any other native GE protocol/interface.

You can use SRTP COMMREQs or MB TCP/IP COMMREQs but not EGD.

Please join me in attempting to get this changed, it REALLY needs EGD too.

I have not pursued a way of using Profinet either which would be acceptable but additional not an alternate.

I'm not an RX3i user or expert (I'm a Mark VIe guy), but I'm pretty sure you can do controller to controller over EGD, assuming both controllers have Ethernet NIU modules. IIRC, you have to manually configure the EGD pages unless you are using the Proficy Process Systems product.

> I'm not an RX3i user or expert, but I'm pretty sure you
> can do controller to controller over EGD, assuming both controllers have
> Ethernet NIU modules.

The RXi is a newer processor (Not the same as an RX3i). Unfortunately, The RX3i does have EGD support, however, the RXi does not.

Wow, I totally missed the new Rxi. I asked around and merely confirmed what you know, no EGD support at this time. I assume they expect you to use Profinet for C2C now, though nobody I know has tried to do it yet, and it isn't obvious how to do it from the manuals.