Harardous Area Verification Dossier

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to understand about Hazardous Area Verification Dossier. Actually i am interested in LNG Tank project.

So anybody please help me with how this Dossier document are made? What are the necessary parts to include?

Example sample or links will be very helpful.
Thank you

Kind Regards,
Biky

B

Bruce Durdle

A good starting point is IEC 60079.14 section 4.2.
This lists the requirements for the dossier as:

. area classification documents

. assessment of the consequences of ignition

. documents for electrical equipment
This is not broken down further but I would recommend a list of all items of electrical equipment in the zoned areas, showing:
- the location, ambient temperature, factors such as corrosion, and classification details (zone, equipment group, and T rating) of the environment
- the protection method, T rating, and certificate details of the equipment.

. any special conditions of use for equipment (where a certificate has an -X as suffix)

. instructions for installation, connection, commissioning and maintenance

. entity calculations for IS systems

. other calculations such as air purging rates, motor starting times and currents (for Ex e) etc.

. details of cables, cable entries (glands) etc.

. instructions for inspection and repair.

. relevant drawings and diagrams.

Once the plant has been designed and installed, this has to have added to it:
. results of all commissioning and inspection tests
. records of maintenance and repair work

While this is generally referred to as the dossier, in fact it does not need to be a single document but the required must be accessible in some way - it could be a master computerised data base simply listing the various documents where the information can be obtained. However, it must be accessible and maintained as a living document - ie, it must not be filed away on design completion and forgotten about till the big bang occurs.

Hope this helps,
Bruce.