Abb symphony+ hpc800

J

Jack

What exactly it means that HPC800 allows to execute closed loop control of more than 5,000 I/O in less than 250 msec?

<b>Moderator's Note:</b> I think he is asking about a specification on a data sheet.

> What exactly it means that HPC800 allows to execute closed loop control of
> more than 5,000 I/O in less than 250 msec?

It means that the Din rail mounted HPC800 controller (in redundant or non-redundant configuration) can support 5,000 I/O and execute the corresponding control configuration logic in <= 250 msec.

In comparison, the current "rack mount" BRC410 controller can support only 2,000 I/O and logic in <= 250 msec.

250 msec is a typical target that ABB shoots for in most applications. Segmentation of the controller is possible for applications that require a faster execution time.

With the capability of the HPC800, fewer physical controllers are required to handle the I/O on "large" systems.

If you are upgrading from rack mount based controllers you have the opportunity to combine multiple older controller applications into one physical controller or controller pair. The HPC800 does support Rack I/O. A proper engineering assessment would have to be done to take regulations and failure modes into account.