Rotor integration

O

Omid

Hi all,

Is there any idea about a best time for gas turbine rotor integration, individually for GE-F9?

Omid,

I note you posted this same question to another World Wide Forum and didn't get any response there.

Perhaps if you could explain "rotor integration"--it's a term I'm unfamiliar with, and probably others, as well.

Rotor integration or rotor integrity inspection involve inspect and refurbish rotor components, likes turbine and compressor blades, discs, tie rods,....

Omid,

I believe the Maintenance Section of the Service and Instruction Manuals provided with each GE-design heavy duty gas turbine specify the periods for each inspection/replacement.

If you can't find it in the GE Manuals, and you are an owner or work for a company that has GE-design heavy duty gas turbines you can log on to one of GE's many power generation sites (search the Web; there are lots of them!) and by providing some basic information about yourself and the SN of at least one turbine at your site you can gain access to lots of GE documentation.

Or, you can contact any one of a number of organizations other than GE that provide maintenance services (Wood Group would be one such company; search the Web for others) and I'm sure they would be glad to help you.

As a last resort, you could contact your local GE Energy Products/Power Generation Services (whatever they call themselves this month) for assistance--if you don't have a contact with GE you already work with.

Hope this helps. The RI term you used may be a term other gas turbine manufacturers use for their turbines, but it's not one I've ever heard used or seen before in any GE documentation. 'Integration' may be some kind of composite word for 'integrity inspection', but it is a unique English work all unto itself with a very different meaning. Perhaps if you provided the "long" version of 'integration' in your request you might get better responses.

Finally, this forum is primarily about controls-related topics. Controls cannot be completely divorced from the mechanical equipment and devices they have to use to accomplish their task, but a rotor is pretty dumb and doesn't really interact with the control system. We're happy to try to help, but I think your question (once fully explained and understood) is best answered in a forum that is more gas turbine mechanically-oriented than control.com.

I believe that as GE develops and improves their hardware they make periodic changes to recommendations for inspection and refurbishment. That's why it's always best to consult the manuals provided with a specific unit--unless you know the hardware in question is not the original equipment hardware.

Best of luck! I wish I could have been more help.