woodward EGB governor with 723plus

M

Manfred Hinsch

Hope somebody is kind enough to assist:

Upgrading a 45+ year old system, I have the original <b>Woodward EGB</b> governor linked to a new <b>Woodward 723PLUS</b> (p/n 8280-412 Rev. H). This is for power generation on an oil rig.

The persistent problem is as follows:

System set to "idle". The engine will come up to the required 450rpm after start-up. Once the required water temperature has been achieved, switch to "run" mode (900rpm). The engine will momentarily spin up to 525rpm for 1 or 2 seconds and then drop the revolutions right down to cut out.

For the past two days I have been going through the maze of configurable options. Trying all kinds of combinations in fuel supply, droop, etc. To no avail. I am at my wits end.

The Woodward EGB governor uses 20-160 mA for the actuator control done by the 723PLUS (0-200).

If somebody knows how to apply the correct settings or possibly has a config file, I would greatly appreciate the help.

The manual for the 723Plus is 02878 and can be downloaded from Woodward.com/publications.

A couple of questions. What is the actuator voltage doing at the time of shutdown? It almost sounds like something external is causing a shutdown. Woodward has software to monitor all of the functions of the 723Plus, called Control Assistant and is free from our website. Without more information it is tough to troubleshoot. Email me at [email protected] for more support.