Calibrating SRV with HR pump

• Thread starter Not the real CSA
  • Start date
N

Not the real CSA

CSA

in frame 5 GTG there is ratchet system not exist hydraulic pump HQ.

so can you help me or give me the correct procedure to make calibration SRV with HR pump because the HR pump is CC normally they work max 15 min? exact?

and for HR work at 33 barG normal condition
and some one tell me you go at crank mode to make calibration with mechanical pump not use HR pump

can you help me

H.A.R.,

There have been sites that have successfully used some additional tubing sections and fittings to reconnect the Hydraulic Ratchet pump to supply oil to the hydraulic oil system for stroking ("calibrating") LVDTs. I don't personally recommend doing so, as many Hydraulic Ratchet pumps take unfiltered oil from the L.O. tank. I know of at least one site that didn't do a very good job of reconnecting the Hydraulic Ratchet Pump back to the ratchet system and lost a LOT of oil due to a fitting which came loose and sprayed oil all over the Accessory Compartment. Also, most people don't use appropriate care when working with stainless steel tubing fittings--using a backing wrench, most importantly, when loosening and tightening fittings. They also don't remove the knurled spacer rings (which are ONLY intended for the first time a fitting is made) when re-making connections; this is necessary to get the half-flat past hand tight required to lock the fitting and prevent leaks. So, unless one uses proper methods and practices when working on tubing fittings a LOT of frustration and aggravation--and mess--can result, from the best of intentions.

It's a DC motor driving the pump, and as long as the current drawn during this usage doesn't exceed nameplate, it should run indefinitely (though that's not recommended either--to just let it run indefinitely at any time, during ratcheting operations or during any "auxiliary" operation).

The recommended method of establishing hydraulic pressure is to crank the unit and use the pressure from the Acc. Gear-driven Main Hydraulic Pump. Thousands of sites do this--literally--because they don't have AC motor-driven Auxiliary Hydraulic Pumps AND they don't use the hydraulic ratchet pump to establish hydraulic pressure during LVDT calibration activities.

At crank speed the Main Hydraulic Pump output pressure might not be exactly rated--but it is definitely sufficient for LVDT calibration activities.