Frame 9e Spike

P

PC

We saw two 9e spike dwatt for no reason on our markvie. We could not find reason. Any suggestion on what could be reason. Please ask more data if you need but in general we are trying to list reasons for dwatt setpoint spike like far, speed ,manual mode.

I can be reached at [email protected]

PC,

When you say MW spike were the turbines operating in Pre-Selected Load Control at Part Load (less than Base Load)? If so, what was the Pre-Selected Load Control setpoint before the spike, and what was the setpoint after the spike?

If the units were not operating in Pre-Selected Load Control at Part Load, describe the operating mode (Droop speed control at Part Load; External Load Control with an analog signal to each Mark VIe for the load setpoint signal; AGC (Automatic Governor Control) from a remote site, using either discrete inputs to raise/lower the speed setpoint or an analog signal to change the speed setpoint; or ???).

How long did the MW spike last (in seconds)?

What fuel were the turbines running on when the MW spike occurred?

Was the fuel supply pressure stable at the time of the MW spike?

If the fuel pressure spiked before the MW spike, how much did the fuel pressure spike?

Do the units have conventional (diffusion flame) combustors or DLN-I combustors?

If the units have DLN-I combustors, what combustion mode were they operating in?

Did the MW spike occur at the same time on both turbines?

And, finally, what was the frequency doing when the MW spike occurred?

List any Process- and/or Diagnostic Alarms which occurred when the MW spike occurred.

If there's any other anomaly which occurred at the same time as the MW spike, please provide the details.