PQM II Setup for Generator

C

Chris IWO

Am trying to setup a GE Digital Energy PQM II Power Quality Meter for a Wartsila Generator.

Can anyone help me with the specification to be entered into the PQM II.

Thanks

Chris IWO,

I just had a quick look at the PQM II manual (GEK-106435P)--and it's pretty darned good for a GE manual. I'm sure you'll have to know the CT- and PT ratios that you'll be connecting to the device, and that should just about get it up and running (at least the displays).

You should be able to find the CT- and PT ratios on the one-line (or the three-line) diagram for the generator breaker line-up. You will be connecting to the same CTs and PTs that are already in use for the meters in use in the power plant/operator control room.

As for the other outputs, well, again, they're pretty simple and the manual seems to be pretty explicit.

Is there something in the manual that you're having a problem with? Other than CT- and PT ratios I can't think of any other "specification" that would have to be entered into the meter to get it to perform it's basic functionality.

I do feel the need to caution you to be very careful with the CT circuits (secondary wiring). They are very, Very VERY intolerant of improper wiring. Specifically, if any CT secondary circuit is not continuous when the generator is started and run up to rated speed, arcs and sparks will fly. And smoke will come out of wires and CTs. And, it's impossible to get the smoke back into the wires (and any other devices it gets out of). Hopefully, either you or someone you're working with is aware of the precautions which must be followed with CT secondary wiring.

Thanks CSA

> I just had a quick look at the PQM II manual (GEK-106435P)--and it's pretty
> darned good for a GE manual. I'm sure you'll have to know the CT- and PT

---- rest of message snipped by moderator ----