Local Fault on SLC 500

C

casualguy

Hello all,

I'm again with the same issue that i have posted here.
Local fault indication on our SLC 500.

<b>Moderator's Note:</b> Original thread was http://www.control.com/thread/1401854916 from June 2, 2014.

I am working for an EPC firm. in one of our site we are using an Allen Bradley SLC 500. The whole systems were working perfectly well until one day the ASB card started showing Local Fault indication without any reason.

there are 3 racks and the problem was on the 3rd rack. when local fault indication showed up, the last 2 cards on the rack started blinking and the control valves connected in started working irrationally.

during the first stage we doubted the card. so we exchanged it with the spare card. Since the fault still didn't go, we went to exchange the backplanes of the card with the spare. but still the problem didn't go.

we put terminating resistor on last asb, connected resistors across open AO open ends. did all the things mentioned on the manuals and guides, still the problem persist.

we are unable to figure out the issues. it would be grateful if someone get me solution for this.

S
In my experience, Flex I/O doesn't seem very mechanically robust, especially the little plugs between the module sockets. Also I think you can get this problem if your G-file config gets messed up, so check that.

we have checked it and made sure that the power supply is large enf for the modules.... its been designed as per the calculation and specs

> have you checked to see if the power supply feeding the set of flex modules is large enough for all the modules?

we have checked the configuration of g files. but still this issues persist.

> In my experience, Flex I/O doesn't seem very mechanically robust, especially the little plugs between the module sockets.
> Also I think you can get this problem if your G-file config gets messed up, so check that.