TDC 3000 Remote Station Hanging

J

Jiftim

Hi,

I have a remote Honeywell ES-T station connected through one of their RPS kits (uses a Matrox KVM with fiber for the distance) that "hangs" on a daily basis and requires a hard reboot to fix. I have been in contact with Honeywell TAC for almost 3 months trying to find a solution but they havent been able to pinpoint a cause or find a fix at this point.

So instead of fixing the issue (which I believe to be with the RPS since the station works fine as long as that is not connected) I am trying to think of a solution that removes it from the equation. One I have come up with is to make the station "local" but that would require extending the LCN network about 1000 ft away. I know Honeywell sells LCN Fiber Optic Extender cards which we used when the station was a Universal Station but I am wondering if we have to use them or if we can use a third-party coax to fiber converter. My reasons to attempt to stay away from their extender card solution is that it would require adding/purchasing a 5 slot chassis somewhere just for it, the parts are obsolete (I'm told) and the RPS solution was meant to replace it.

Can someone tell me if this is possible or what I would need to consider to investigate this further. I am new to using TDC3000 and unfamiliar with communication protocol requirements.