Mark V A6 state

Dears,

Since one pressure transmitter contact at <C> damaged. it relocated to good one and IO.ASS and IOCFG has been modified. After done MarkV make, user file has been downloaded to <C>. But after that <C> not reaching A7, staying at A6 and showing IOCFG failed.

Please advise us

Thank you & take care
G.Rajesh

Do not know anything about MKV but it seems that you had issue on C and relocated at new location so I believe that not only you have to change @ C but also at new location? Just my 2 cents!

G.Rajesh,

Long time no hear from you; welcome back.

I believe markvguy wrote replies to several threads describing how to use the LCC/SLCC display and keypad to troubleshoot an inability to reach I/O State A7. You're going to have to find out which card isn't reaching A6 and then solve that.

Also, since <C> I/O is usually used in <Q> sequencing, you are going to need to download SEQ to <Q> in order to let <Q> "know" about the change (though this is not likely the cause of the inability of <C> to reach A7).

Write back to let us know how you fare. You may also consider listing every step in the order you took each step when you were changing IO.ASG and making the changes to I/O Configuration. I suspect one or two errors contributed to this problem.

C
Try downloading to all cores. I do not think you are allowed to only load I/O configuration to only one core.

Thank you all for your as usual supports and thanks CSA for your welcome.

We found some cable short circuit in the field pressure transmitter, we down the Mark V panel and short circuit rectified. We have relocated the damaged input to the good one. <C> reached A7.

We are not sure, field problem will impact A7 state. But this was happened here.

If anything interesting to know please share with us.

Take care
G.Rajesh

G.Rajesh,

Hmmm.... I have never encountered a field wiring problem that caused a processor not to be able to reach A7--but I haven't encountered every possible field problem, either.

<b>HOWEVER,</b> there <i>should</i> have been a Diagnostic Alarm to indicate a problem.

Thanks for the feedback, though!

B
Did you find out which card in <C> core was not reaching A6? It is possible that a field short could cause that I/O to cause a problem and not allow a card to reach A6 (I've had it with Bently systems before).

Thanks Bob for your feedback.

No we couldn't locate the card as when it was at A6 and found cable short circuit, processor kept down. Once problem rectified and powered up it reached A7 without an issue.

Take care
G.Rajesh