Modicon and SoMachine Advice Needed

C

Curt Wuollet

Hi all

I need a Modicon expert. The last time I did modicon was when some salesman tried to convince me that I needed a Twido brick and ModSoft instead of AB or AD. OK, I did a small app and it worked just like a PLC. That was 10 years ago. Just lately, some equipment purchased comes with Modicon inside. So, I pre-emptively got a copy of SoMachine and the cable. When questions came up I walked over and plugged in and it did absolutely nothing useful. Nor could I, through any logical or intuitive means, get it to do anything useful. So the approach that has worked for so many diverse brands and ages of PLC needs to be amended. My thought is to get a specimen and go through the SoMachine for Dummies bit. A quick survey shows that Modicon, like Siemens, has almost no presence in this part of the world, so I doubt that I will design one in anyplace. But, I need a reasonably current unit that hopefully I can get used to play around with. I can probably get a couple hundred bucks through for learning. I just recently did such a crash course for TIA and MicroWin and 200s and 1200s were all over on EBay. I could hear the crickets for Modicon, so I don't think I was searching for the right things.
What kinda beast am I looking for?

Regards

cww