Modsync MODBUS

M

MirijanianM

I am trying to communicate to 6 Fulton Steam Boilers talking to a Modsync device. I need to see the boiler points over MODBUS and cannot find any MODBUS wiring termination information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From the irritating, but true, dept.

Paste this link in your browser: http://www.ciciboilers.com/pdf/fulton-phw.pdf

Now go to page 3-21 (page 57 in my pdf)

Click on the "goo.gl/..." link and you will download "supplement-sola-iom-2013-0220.pdf".

The wiring diagram starts on page 5.

> I am trying to communicate to 6 Fulton Steam Boilers talking to a Modsync device. I need to see the boiler points
> over MODBUS and cannot find any MODBUS wiring termination information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

S

Synex Technical Support

Hello,

Please feel free to contact Synex Controls Techncial Support for this information. Our technicians will be able to assist you with wiring and communications support.

We are available Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time at (315) 298-8555. Thank you.

Synex Technical Support.

> Please feel free to contact Synex Controls Techncial Support for this information. Our technicians will be able to assist
> you with wiring and communications support.

Is there a reason why your manuals are not readily available on your site? Or did I just go to the wrong place? You guys aren't the only ones to require an account, and I presume that it's for the sales guys to develop contacts. But I'm not going to buy a boiler anytime soon, and I really don't want to go through the unending hassle of yet another company bombarding me with unsolicited emails. I'm sure that you guys make a great boiler, I just don't think it would fit the decor in my living room.

And earlier this year, when I needed some EDS files from a company who makes a serial to DeviceNet gateway that we use, their database not only said that I didn't have an account, it wouldn't let me create a new one. This was in the middle of the night, and I pretty much needed it then. If I get the opportunity to provide input on our next choice for who supplies use with gateways, I doubt that this company will be my first choice.

And the OP should go to you guys first, so thanks for chiming in.

The embedded link to the document on page 3-21 was a new one on me. Were you guys just trying to see if we were paying attention? :)