SLC 5/05 Rack Faulting

S

sourcejinn

we have an SLC 5/05 Rack Hard faulting erratically. sometimes on the week sometimes it takes a month.

we have changed the Processor to a new 5/05. i do believe there could be a back-plane issue with the rack. anyone else seen this and maybe what they did to resolve this?

there are no brownouts to speak of to cause this. i was also thinking that a Low voltage +24 V Analog card voltage could cause this as well.

so many variables in the equation, any help or idea would be great....

B

Bob Peterson

As often not mysterious faults on SLC racks turn out to be power supply problems. What fault code is being generated?

C

Curt Wuollet

Look hard at the power supply as well. I would set up a DSO on this to save time. Switchers have a habit of limping along and occasionally deciding to take a break.

Also cycle all the connectors and tighten all the connections and check the temperature. Intermittents can drive you crazy, and it's usually a Duh! moment when and if you find it.

Believe it or not, I chased one down to an intermittent fuse. It would open for a few moments every other day or not and check fine the rest of the time. Temperature rise thing.

Regards
cww