ABB REF542 Plus TCP MODBUS

B

breezeZILLA

Hello,

I'm new to this world and i would like to have some help solving my problem. My problem is that i could not find a software that can run on a PC (O.S. Windows 7, but that should not be the problem) and that can log files to csv or excel. I tried a couple of softwares, such as AVReporter that worked fine. but with that software i'm not able to scale the output values into correct or "readable" ones. Another software that should do what i need is Windmill 7, but i had no luck with setting it up.

I'm totally new to this, so i would really appreciate your help. What i need is to read 8/10 modbus values and log them in order to post-process them, allowing me to do graphs, let me do comparisons between one year to another one, etc. if this could be done on the excel platform it would be perfect so the customer will be more free to see what he needs.

If you know another software that i should try just tell, free or not. I would like to try a demo of it because i have to see if i'm able to set it up. If somebody is familiar with Windmill 7 programming please help me! :)

Thank you for your patience and sorry for my english!

B
This program is not good for me. I need to read input registers (3xxxx) and ICC only reads holding registers (4xxxx) i guess, so this will not help me. Thank you anyways.

Do you have any other software\suggestions? I'm about to give up, i tried so many softwares without good results. Maybe i'm missing something with the programming.

I have the list of parameters i need on an excel file, if somebody needs them i can send it.

Matteo

C

Curt Wuollet

If you have the tools you could just write a rung to copy the input
registers to holding registers.

Regards
cww

B
I don't understand. As i said previously i'm totally new with this. If you can be so kind to explain how can i finally solve my problem i'd really appreciate that.

By the way if you know any other software that suits my needs please send me the link.

Matteo,

You write from a 3xxxx register to a 4xxxx register. The platform you are working with will determine how that is done.

Gordy

B
As i mentioned i really don't know what you guys are talking about... I feel like a stupid as i read through your answers. Is it as easy as you say? If so, please could someone help me? I can pay for that, seriously, i'm at a dead end.

I would like to recommend out Dream Report solution. It supports communication to field devices over MODBUS and will also log data to a relational database (or simple access database). You can then perform any calculations and reporting that you wish. Please contact us and we can help you with a free trial and the simple setup.

> As i mentioned i really don't know what you guys are talking
> about... I feel like a stupid as i read through your answers. Is it
> as easy as you say? If so, please could someone help me? I can pay
> for that, seriously, i'm at a dead end.