Steam Generator Startup Times

P

pikachoo99

i want to know the processes going on during startup of a coal based steam plant and the approximate time they take. Since i am working on a restoration project on an academical interest, i have heard of hot starts and cold starts. i heard that some plants if in hot condition can start after 30 mins of providing start up power while some base steam plants may require up to 6 hours for their lightup, steam temperature-pressure raising, rolling and synchronizing. Why is there such a difference in time between these two situations?

Also this hot start plants, on failure to receive before a max. critical time may require increased rolling for 4 more hours before synchronizing. Why?

Some once through super critical boiler generators may take 7 hours to start after they receive start up power. why so?

Your opinions are highly anticipated. describing these phenomenon and classifying the approx time for starting right from cranking to synchronization with sizes of units they are applicable for. Also a reference from where i can read on these issues will be appreciated if possible.