advertisement
from the Instrument Engineering - HVAC department...
Air Damper Actuator Sizing
Engineering and workplace issues. topic
Posted by Willaim Galibut on 2 October, 2000 - 6:19 pm
I am confronted with the problem of sizing an actuator for a butterfly-like type of air damper in HVAC control. Experienced colleagues and vendors just gave me tables to look into, but I am more interested in knowing the theory behind calculating the required torque to operate a damper, given the duct size and shape, the differential pressure across the damper, and the air flow. Does anybody know of any articles or books on this? I'd appreciate very much your replies.

Posted by BA on 20 June, 2001 - 4:30 pm
I would try the website Belimo.com they are the manufacturer of damper actuators and have a nice torque calculator you could use.

Posted by Mike Dawson on 21 June, 2001 - 4:36 am
I have a similar problem of sizing an actuator for a butterfly-like type of air dampe for secondary combustion air to a boiler and I was wondering how you got on?

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit,
call it the target.
Advertise here
advertisements
Servo, stepping motor control, analog & web HMI in one system!
Control.com is the largest Automation community on the web. Learn how to advertise here now...
View free setup and multi-vendor EtherCAT demo videos online
164-page eBook free download - EtherCAT Applications Guide
Time to incorporate data handling, web HMI and motion in one system!
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive