Help! GE 90-30 & Serial Communication

S

Steve Mitchell

I'm new to the serial communications world and need some assistance with getting a GE 90-30 PLC with a Horner ASCI Basic Module to communicate with a Gardner-Denver Air Compressor ES+ Controller. I would like to use the Horner modules DB-15 Connector(Port 2) and the DB-9 connector on the ES+ Controller. All of the information needs to be polled and retrieved from the compressor. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Best Regards Steve Mitchell

S

Steve Bailey

Do you have the details of the communications protocol for the compressor controller? Do you have the pinouts for the serial port? You need to write a routine that will transmit the control codes, monitor the serial port for the compressor's response, and send it to the PLC. I recently did the same thing to communicate with some old GE switchgear using the 90-30 PCM module.

T

tim teasdale

What type of help do you need? Do you have a protocol doc for the GE 90-30 slave device. I've written dozens of 'drivers' in 'c', some basic and pascal. If you can be more specific about what you need help doing, I can help. tim