WinCC and External Application Interface

K

kamesh

My problem is that i have to update the Wincc tags during runtime form an external database such that the process values can be effected. the produced and the material status can be correlated. Sampling for the random values can be suppplied fron external application will effect the process So please help me to get the whole procedure to communicate to wincc tags from external application.

You may use Siemens WinCC ODK.This software use C/C++.You can use the API of ODK to write and to read the tags of your WinCC project.

M

Maguire, Kevin

The WinCC database is Sybase SQL Anywhere. It is ODBC and SQL compliant. It also includes an OPC Server, an OPC Client and a C interface. All of your process data resides in this database. You will not need to purchase an additional database to get your data into an "open" format. Kevin Maguire

S

Shahid Waqas Chaudhry

Since WinCC has an ODBC complaint database, you can use any standard db tool that talk ODBC. Alternatively, you can try using the OPC connection (or the DDE connection) channels. Shahid

A
As far as I understand, the original question is about how to interface external databases from WinCC. This is also my problem: I have to interface an ORACLE system. I suppose there should be a way to incorporate C-API/ODBC into the WinCC's global scripts. Somebody knows how to do it?

A
As far as I understand, the original question is about how to interface external databases from WinCC. This is also my problem: I have to
interface an ORACLE system. I suppose there should be a way to incorporate C-API/ODBC into the WinCC's global scripts. Somebody knows how to do it?

N

Nijssen.Ronald

There are two ways to approach this,
1. Obtain information about the Database ODBC WinCC ODK functions. These allow you to perform queries on an ODBC Database (like Oracle)
2. Obtain information about how to use COM Objects from WinCC scripts. This will allow you to use regular Microsoft Data Access components (MSDAC) from your script, these components provide methods to interact with ODBC and
OLE-DB Database The one you may be looking for would be "Recordset" more info about these
components on www.microsoft.com

Regards
Ronald

M

Mathias Lindgren

Hi !

I was reading your article maybe a bit late but..

If you look in MSDN libary there is description
of windows API functions.

They have an ODBC API reference that explains all
what you have to know when communicating with WinCC RT database (Sybase).

Best Regards

Mathias Lindgren