Iconics and telephone dialers

C

Clint demaray

Does anyone know what it would take to get Iconics AlarmWorks to dial a telephone number when an alarm occurs?

J
With GENESIS32 and AlarmWorX32 There are 4-5 options I know of. Iconics produces 2 packages that you could use. The first is AlarmWorX+, it is a stand alone component that has OPC connectivity and would connect directly to your OPC server. It can do paging (alpha and numeric) and the telephone dial out (with a Dialogic card) among other things. Problem with this solution is then you have to maintain 2 databases and in reality you would have 2 systems doing the alarming. The second choice from Iconics is the new AlarmWorX32-Multimedia package. This is "supposed" to be released mid-end of February. It uses the alarms from AlarmWorX32 and then can do paging (alpha-numeric and 2 way paging- you can actually ACK a alarm from your 2 way pager), telephone dial out (using any "standard" telephony card- I would talk to Iconics about which ones they have tested), PA systems, Virtual and Physical marquees, e-mail, FAX and quite a bit more. I have been running a BETA version of this product and the functionallity has been GREAT. I have run into quite a few bugs in the 2 months that I have been running it, but hey, it's BETA, I expect bugs. Iconics has been pretty good about getting the bugs fixed, but I'm only running the e-mail, paging and marquee portions. A third option would be to use WIN911 or SCADAlarm. You run into the same issues as you would using AlarmWorX+, 2 separate systems with 2 databases to maintain, I think both use the Dialogic card as well. I beleive both have OPC connectivity also. I have seen WIN911 running in a couple of different installations and it seems like a good product. As for SCADAlarm, I think Wonderware owns that product now, I've never really seen one installed. One last option is to put in a physical auto dialer such as a RACO or Sensaphone. These will usually cost more, but since they are stand alone, if a PC fails you still get your alarms. Hope this info helps.

C

Clint Demaray

Thanks for the info. I don't know enough about this stuff to know how to use this info, but at least it gives me somewhere to start looking. Thanks again.

H

Hanoi Santos Hung

Clint You should use AlarmWorx + .This program can dial to a telephone, a pager or send a email .For dialing you'll need a Dialogic Card. Best Regards Ing Hanoi Santos Hung e-mail [email protected]

R

Robert Stanton

Can you help me out with what version you are running (under Help | About) and whether it is ICONICS AlarmWorX or AlarmWorX+.

C

Clint Demaray

Thanks for the response. We have the genesis 32 package version 6.0 with AlarmWorx32. Thanks for the help Clint Demaray

C

Charlie Wilkins

I have a question regarding how you have AlarmWorx+ set up. We are currently using it because of the dialout capability, but we are concerned because we can only run it under a logged on User Account under Windows NT. For our industry, this is a security breech. Have you found any way to run AlarmWorx+ as a service or in some sort of protected mode? Thanks for any help! Charlie Wilkins > With GENESIS32 and AlarmWorX32 There are 4-5 options I know of. > > Iconics produces 2 packages that you could use. The first is AlarmWorX+, it is a ..... , I think Wonderware owns that product now, I've never really seen one installed. > > One last option is to put in a physical auto dialer such as a RACO or Sensaphone. These will usually cost more, but since they are stand alone, if a PC fails you still get your alarms. > > Hope this info helps. > >