Another connectivity proposal

R

Ralph G. McDonald

Another communications standard we might consider for control outputs is the X10. Control modules are available from Levition & Radio Shack as well as others. While not suitable for heavy duty industrial control, it is a reasonable option for commercial and residential building automation. It is slow and limited to 256 addresses, but would allow list members to test the LinuxPLC at home. I remember running across several Linux programs to implement the X10 communications, but I don't remember where. If anyone is interested I will attempt to find my references. Ralph

> I remember running across several Linux programs to implement the X10 > communications, but I don't remember where. If anyone is interested I > will attempt to find my references. See the following Debian packages: bottlerocket heyu xtend x10 x10-automate Alternatively, or in addition, we might write an `io' module that runs arbitrary commands on rising/falling edges or point changes - that would cover output to X10 (using the above programs), and a lot else besides. Jiri -- Jiri Baum <[email protected]> Q: Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip? A: To get to the other... um... er... --r.h.f.r _______________________________________________ LinuxPLC mailing list [email protected] http://linuxplc.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxplc