Automating Iconics AlarmWorX

J

Jeff Lowes

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking for a way to automate the settings of the Iconics AlarmWorX Server app (AlarmWorX Server Configurator) from within Visual Basic. Ideally, I should be able to change such things as tags, configurations and basically anything that I can change within the regular configurator. Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide help!

R

Raymond van der Tas

AlarmWorX Server Configurator stores its configuration in a standard MS Access database file. VB can open the relational database and "auto" generate your alarm configurations using Microsoft ADO (activex data objects). You could also use some older technologies (DAO) to get the same end results. Regards ICONICS EUROPE BV

A

Alexander Lokotkov

If you closer look at the ICONICS Alarm Server database structure (MS Access), you'll see that it's quite simple and configurable with VB or VC++. The Alarm Server just will poll the database for changes you made from your VB/VC++ app. For further details, please contact to ICONICS technical support service.