Telnet Component?

• Thread starter Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US
  • Start date
J

Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US

I am working on a personal project, and am trying to locate a free telnet activex component. I don't even know if one exists. What I would like is an object that I can slap onto a form in VB 6.0 and just send/receive data as a stream. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Much appreciated! --Joe Jansen

L
I've had good luck with the http://www.catalyst.com/download/wrench.html which is free. It's a bit easier than raw WinSock calls. They have some example code/apps for VB, plus a PDF intro to TCP/UDP programming. By "Telnet" do you mean a processed stream with IAC commands (the WILL/WONT) etc? or just the raw data from some serial source as-if Telnet was connected? The Catalyst "SocketWrench" will manage the raw text or binary data. It won't handle the IAC commands or all the funny "0x0D 0x00 becomes 0x0D" type rules some Telnet clients expect. Regards Lynn August Linse, Senior Product Application Engineer 15353 Barranca Parkway, Lantronix Inc, Irvine CA 92618 [email protected] www.lantronix.com Tel: (949)300-6337 Fax: (949)453-7152