Applications
Topic: Application Questions and Problems
from the Automation List department...
Android in Automation
Originally posted by Curt Wuollet on 21 November, 2012 - 12:38 pm
Using Android as an HMI application
New Replies:
For the Doubters: ...
Yeah, there's a lot of potential in this cutting edge silicon. I packs a lot into a single chip and...
Yes, it's happening. Check out the "CuBox" that is 2"x2"x2" and runs...
I would think it more accurate to say that it requires care from the outset to achieve it and it is...
> The goal of writing source code only once is rarely achievable in practice. WRONG !!! ...
Hi Robert Check these out https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A13/A13-OLinuXino-WIFI/ ...
> I might just add that any of the devices that run Android can also be programmed down to the...
I might just add that any of the devices that run Android can also be programmed down to the metal...
Yes, see my last post, the silicon available would make excellent industrial computers with the...
Yes, I was thinking more of the technologies and silicon the mobile market has spawned rather than...
I expect than Android based HMI's are being developed as we speak, I think there is a market. If...
Running C on an 8 bit microcontroller is nothing like using cross platform application frameworks...
>I want to write source code only once. >The result should be usable from microcontroller...
I have really been wondering about QT and C++ lately because I've written a lot of code in C#.NET...
>A timely discussion. "automation" at least in the context I know it, runs on...
>Yes, Linux is very, very, good at that. We think similar. But it seems you did not look...
Comments interspersed >> This is the type of thing I needed to hear. The PC world is still...
I want to write source code only once. The result should be usable from microcontroller up to...
> ...You will probably use some Linux type OS on that device and > i would insist to be able...
> This is the type of thing I needed to hear. The PC world is still headed in directions not...
This is the type of thing I needed to hear. The PC world is still headed in directions not helpful...
This one is still "Available Soon"... We are looking forward to test it. ...
Curt, I have already used Android tablets as the user interface in a piece of custom portable...
> people color outside the lines and mix in C and others? Could one do say, something like...
That is true, after all Android is a stack on top of a Linux kernel so you can persuade other stuff...
Topic: Human-Machine Interface and SCADA.
from the Forum department...
Iconics Triggering Stored Procedure
Posted by Bart on 11 December, 2012 - 3:47 pm
I need to get Iconnics to execute an oracle stored procedure when a PLC bit goes high.
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the operations department...
flow mesurement for viscous materials
Originally posted by ali mabrouk omran on 9 December, 2012 - 2:41 am
flow measurement by using ultrasonic flow meter.
New Replies:
You might try: Max Machinery (www.maxmachinery.com). They offer a number of PD (Positive...
Why don't try Coriolis Type for these measurements? Viscous material you mean is fuel / light oil?...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the Liquid metal department...
Measuring VERY hot liquid flow
Posted by Dom Tremblay on 8 December, 2012 - 8:58 pm
Trying to find a flowmeter to measure 530oC liquid.
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
modbus implementation using vhdl
Originally posted by Monali Sinare on 14 May, 2010 - 1:44 am
Can modbus be efficiently developed using vhdl
New Replies:
> is it possible to use FPGA as master for Modbus protocol? The short answer is Yes - It is...
hello, is it possible to use FPGA as master for Modbus protocol? if you have done it can you plz...
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the Programming department...
Tatsuno Pump Protocol
Originally posted by Mel Orayan on 5 October, 2011 - 6:46 am
tatsuno protocol
New Replies:
Hi, I am a lecturer in a university in thailand. I have plan to motivate my student to do...
Topic: Information resources, documentation.
from the Automation List department...
Oxidation of Relay Contacts
Originally posted by Mark Riche on 12 July, 2000 - 12:51 pm
What is Oxidation of relay contacts and what can be done to prevent it ??
New Replies:
I guess this is an old post but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth anyway. We had similar problems with...
> What is Oxidation of relay contacts and what can be done to prevent it ?? For both relay...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the flow control department...
flow splitter for coriolis flow meter
Originally posted by Kirill St. on 26 November, 2012 - 4:34 am
Why do some companies use the double tube concept in the coriolis meter construction and almost no company that produce single tube coriolis flow meter?
New Replies:
Thank you for the answer...
In the beginning there was the MicroMotion single "U" shaped tube. This vibrated at...
Originally posted by Dennis Koay on 23 April, 2003 - 11:39 am
Can someone help me to explain the meaning of volt-free contact, dry contact, wet contact and proximity contact?
New Replies:
By Gordon John Hinds on 30 November, 2012 - 11:53 pm -
Capacitive proximity switches have not been mentioned. they are true proximity switches which...
from the EE department...
120/208V or 277/480V.... huh?
Originally posted by Anonymous on 25 September, 2003 - 1:11 pm
what does it mean when something is rated 120/208V or 277/480V? What do the two numbers mean?
New Replies:
"You are correct ONLY if it is a pure resistive load... P = E * I and for this case you use...
> Excellent answer, if by "heater" you mean "motor". Actual...
Originally posted by hemal on 28 November, 2012 - 6:59 am
Using MODBUS on RS 232 to connect a weigh scale to a PC
New Replies:
Hi, Hemal, Can you please elaborate in more detail? so that I can help you. You are the...
Originally posted by arocon David on 25 October, 2012 - 4:22 pm
For measuring hydraulic pressure of a high pressure pump, what do i need to measure: absolute or gauge pressure?
New Replies:
Depends on what you call high pressure. most commercial equipment (excavators, cranes, winches...
Measuring weight from Hydraulic Pressure
Originally posted by arocon on 16 November, 2012 - 2:48 am
I need to measure weight of the steel coil from the hydraulic pressure when lifted up
New Replies:
Depends how accurate you require to weigh, if for weights and measures, fit load cell and print out...
from the Electronics department...
difference between a pump and a compressor
Originally posted by Anonymous on 21 June, 2006 - 12:30 am
pump vs. compressor
New Replies:
A pump is a mechanical device which moves/displaces compressible or incompressible fluids (water,...
density and process measurement
Originally posted by aki_lala on 27 November, 2012 - 1:12 am
Does density affect process measurement? How?
New Replies:
> I am trying to do a final year project on density measurement equipment. But then, i was...
from the engineering department...
Floating point vs integers
Originally posted by Jim on 8 November, 2012 - 10:03 pm
Using floating point numbers vs using integers when designing a slave modbus device
New Replies:
> In designing Modbus slaves how much time should be put into avoiding using floating point in...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
Connecting to GE EX2000 Exciter
Originally posted by KGE on 2 April, 2011 - 11:51 am
I wish to connect to a GE EX2000 exciter with Control Systems Tool Box 6 to troubleshoot the exciter.
New Replies:
Justin, Do you have information on which jumpers and how to put them? Best Regards, Jose...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
Wind Effects on Draft DP Transmitters
Originally posted by gigemags on 25 November, 2012 - 2:29 am
How to subdue the effects of wind on sensitive draft pressure transmitters
New Replies:
I should think any kind of vessel with only a small orifice would average the ambient pressure. The...
Select Page: Previous 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive