Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Automation Business
Topic: The Business of Automation and Control
from the Am I in the wrong side??????? department...
What is wrong with GE Fanuc
Originally posted by Matzumura on 9 March, 2003 - 9:54 pm
I am new to this forum and a GE Fanuc system integrator. Why does everybody talk about AB, Siemens and Modicon?
New Replies:
I am sorry that you believe rockwell is the be all end all for PLCs. They are not even IEC61131-3...
Chris Jones or Barry Bryant You both seem to sound fairly knowledgeable about GE Systems.. Would...
With the PLC/5, you are comparing late 80's early 90's tech. PLC/5 have held up VERY well compared...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Forum department...
After Software, What's Next?
Originally posted by Charles Moeller on 27 January, 2012 - 6:30 pm
Reliable hardware is solved but not software. If we are able to produce a hardware solution to most control problems, who will be its champion?
New Replies:
By Charles Moeller on 2 March, 2012 - 7:52 pm -
Armin, CharlieM wrote: >> PTQ is not a computer language. It is a behavioral description...
By Charles Moeller on 1 March, 2012 - 6:40 pm -
Vladimir, CharlieM wrote: >> You misunderstand. PTQ is not software. It is a means of...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 1 March, 2012 - 11:05 am -
Charlie: CharlieM wrote: >>> Sorry my language doesn't meet your approval. You must...
By Charles Moeller on 1 March, 2012 - 1:09 am -
Vladimir: CharlieM wrote: >> Sorry my language doesn't meet your approval. You must keep...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 28 February, 2012 - 11:44 pm -
CharlieM wrote: >>> Stated in PTQ English: At Floor 1 AND Lift Motor OFF AND Door Open...
Dick Caro wrote: > As near as I can tell, if your application can be solved with Boolean...
Dick, You wrote: > You are either a genius or a crackpot - with the words you have written,...
Vladimir, CharlieM wrote: >> Stated in PTQ English: >> At Floor 1 AND Lift...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 28 February, 2012 - 4:00 am -
CharlieM wrote: > Stated in PTQ English: > At Floor 1 AND Lift Motor OFF AND Door Open...
Process Value, I made a couple of statements: > A method of physical process automation...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 27 February, 2012 - 6:33 am -
CharlieM wrote: > The concept of order has meaning in the space-domain....
This is a very interesting thread , and i just started following it. I am trying to figure out how...
Dick Caro and Vladimir E. Zyubin, The concept of order has meaning in the...
Armin wrote: >You mean something like that ?: >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ow5_-CNEU ...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 24 February, 2012 - 5:49 am -
CharlieM said: > This new automation technology operates from DC to light-speed, has...
Bruce, CharlieM said: >>A method of physical process automation is announced that can...
CharlieM said: >A method of physical process automation is announced that can function without ...
Vladimir: CharlieM wrote: >> PTQ is not a programming technique or language, it is a...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 22 February, 2012 - 2:19 pm -
Vladimir Zyubin wrote: >> OK. The "TM method" is bad, but the modern computer...
Bill Sturm, CharlieM said: >> The point I have been making is that the Turing paradigm...
Armin, --snip-- > IMHO ... the subject of this communication thread is wrong. There >...
Ken: > I agree with "Julie In Austin". Most problems I've dealt with in other...
Vladimir, CharlieM wrote: >> I object to the method of TM, shared resources, and...
Armin: Armin Steinhoff wrote: >>> Every FPGA based control system is software based...
Vladimir: Vladimir Zyubin wrote: > Charlie: I really wish you the best, and I have no...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 21 February, 2012 - 9:37 am -
Vladimir Zyubin wrote: >> As to me, I think, it is more easy to wait for a patent or a ...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 21 February, 2012 - 9:17 am -
CharlieM wrote: > I object to the method of TM, shared resources, and software because it is...
Vladimir, You wrote: > It is quite obvious, the implementation ("how to do")...
Vladimir: CharlieM wrote: >> As Ayn Rand wrote, "We exist for the sake of earning...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 20 February, 2012 - 6:23 am -
Bruce Durdle wrote: > The difficulty in developing solutions to control problems is in first...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 20 February, 2012 - 4:27 am -
CharlieM wrote: > As Ayn Rand wrote, "We exist for the sake of earning rewards." ...
Bruce Durdle: > As I see it, the "software as in the bits and bytes needed to make a...
As I see it, the "software as in the bits and bytes needed to make a computer work" is...
Vladimir: > I personally still think it can be something interesting under...
Armin: Armin Steinhoff wrote: >>> ... and what is a multi-threaded time? Charles...
Julie in Austin: > The software problem is NOT software. It exists because "good...
First, there are, and have been for decades, microcontrollers that can present summed values in...
Reference 2. in the previous post should be: ...
Bruce: >Charles said: >> The fundamental logic has not changed much either, nor have...
Bill: >> Charles said: "My thesis is that the problems of software can be cured by ...
Charles Moeller wrote: >> The biggest problem designers have with control software is the...
from the Forum department...
Instrumentation Today
Originally posted by Rushi Shroff on 23 February, 2012 - 9:38 am
Present trends in automation
New Replies:
I agree wholeheartedly. My initial background started in electronics then I went to school for...
from the Automation List department...
JimPinto.com eNews 20 Feb 2012 is on the Web
Posted by Jim Pinto on 22 February, 2012 - 12:24 pm
The latest JimPinto.com eNews 20 February 2012 is on the web at:
http://www.jimpinto.com/enews/20feb2012.html
Originally posted by Automation Engineer on 14 February, 2012 - 1:57 am
Can anybody suggest Jumper Setting in Two Zip Drives mounted in single US Station for Honeywell TDC-3000/TPS ?
New Replies:
> Thank You very much. Hope it worked!...
Thank You very much....
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the CONTROL department...
ESD thru MODBUS??
Originally posted by PANDU on 8 February, 2012 - 1:17 am
Is ESD thru modbus is ok??
New Replies:
> In closing, using Modbus, as long as the data transfer time is acceptable for > the...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
It is impossible to experience one's death objectively and still carry
a tune.
-- Woody Allen
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive