Select Page: Previous 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Control.com topic...
Communications
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the Automation and EMS department...
Modbus Data transmission time
Originally posted by Bhadresh Sarvaiya on 12 April, 2014 - 7:58 am
How to calculate time to receive data from slave to master in daisy chain connection of slaves, if my slaves are 20 and single master.
New Replies:
By Patrick Lansdorf on 16 April, 2014 - 1:55 am -
Hi, I have made a simple Excel sheet, where one can calculate the line time. You will need to...
Slick idea on the prefetch! ...
By Lynn August Linse on 15 April, 2014 - 9:31 am -
>> What's a rule-of-thumb value for >> RTU-TCP latency in a Digi Modbus bridge...
By Bhadresh Sarvaiya on 15 April, 2014 - 1:29 am -
> Mr. Linse, > What's a rule-of-thumb value for RTU-TCP latency in a Digi Modbus bridge...
Mr. Linse, What's a rule-of-thumb value for RTU-TCP latency in a Digi Modbus bridge product? ...
By Lynn August Linse on 14 April, 2014 - 10:36 am -
Just be careful to accommodate the delay-back off during failure. With a single device, it might...
It depends on how it's written. In the system I just set up, I use a state machine to do the...
By Bhadresh Sarvaiya on 13 April, 2014 - 5:14 am -
Thank you for your kind reply.. but i didn't get answer as i want.. i didn't understand your...
You know - the word size, 11 bits - the number of words in the master message - silent...
from the Forum department...
SCADA RTU in Substation
Posted by SSU on 16 April, 2014 - 12:56 am
Why use SCADA RTU in a substation? What is the purpose of SCADA RTU?
8-bit data types in Modbus registers
Originally posted by Jay on 10 April, 2014 - 5:26 am
Are 8-bit data types obsolete for Modbus?
New Replies:
By Lynn August Linse on 14 April, 2014 - 10:39 am -
A bit of historical trivia... Modbus never had 8-bit data types. The original PLC were made back in...
> Since registers are always 16 bits, does it even make sense to provide data types of 8 bits...
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the Tag Prefix WinCC V7.2 department...
Tag Prefix WinCC V7.2
Posted by / on 14 April, 2014 - 1:14 am
Communicating with Tag Prefix WinCC V7.2 using MODBUS TCP/IP protocol.
from the Annoying Exceptions department...
Negative Acknowledge and Bad Karma
Originally posted by Julie in Austin on 18 February, 2012 - 2:05 pm
How do you feel about security exceptions not being, you know, informative?
New Replies:
> What product are you working on, and are there any other security enhancements you are making?...
> Wait....when Digi hires you, you'll STOP writing code?? Digi -- don't hire Julie! No, Digi...
from the Automation department...
DCS Yokogawa Communication Issue
Posted by Zarar on 13 April, 2014 - 2:21 pm
Yokogawa DCS communication with Modbus slave device using ethernet redundant connection with ALE111.
from the Automation List department...
Communication of UDC3000 controller with Experion
Originally posted by Sachin on 5 April, 2008 - 1:27 am
I have connected the UDC3000 controller with Honeywell Experion SCADA via RS485. I don't have a deep idea about UDC3000 controller.
New Replies:
Latest edition of Honeywell's Modbus RTU communications manual 51-22-25-66, Rev T, dated February...
Originally posted by andyt76 on 24 July, 2012 - 7:19 am
Connecting a Honeywell UDC temperature controller to Modicon PLC via Modbus. any ideas on this?
New Replies:
Latest edition of Honeywell's Modbus RTU communications manual 51-22-25-66, Rev T, dated February...
from the TPS SI Commincated by modbus department...
Modbus problem with honeywell TPS
Posted by govoni on 11 April, 2014 - 2:35 am
Decompressing Modbus word and still receiving appropriate feedback information
Originally posted by V K GUPTA on 9 April, 2014 - 12:34 pm
Communication between SIEMENS S7-400 PLC Scalance card to Yokogawa DCS CENTUM CS3000R3
New Replies:
you need to use Siemens CS-3000 module to convert your signal to modbus TCP/IP signal and interface...
By Patrick Lansdorf on 10 April, 2014 - 2:17 am -
Hi, I am guessing that the PLC is a Profibus master... You can use a gateway, such as: ...
Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic on 6 April, 2014 - 7:17 am
Are sites moving past communication standards originated by serial communications?
New Replies:
You all have been extremely helpful, thank you!...
Thanks, Lynn! I'll be sure to take a look at those. Understand about the mesh, but so far the...
By Lynn August Linse on 9 April, 2014 - 9:58 am -
> Lynn, if I read your post correctly, you're saying there are standalone RS485 radios, not...
> This may be crazy talk, but are there sites that implement wireless Ethernet/Modbus? I'm...
By Lynn August Linse on 8 April, 2014 - 9:55 am -
>This may be crazy talk, but are there >sites that implement wireless Ethernet/Modbus? ...
This may be crazy talk, but are there sites that implement wireless Ethernet/Modbus? I understand...
I agree, another reason that RS485 will be around is there is an enormous installed base of RS485,...
By Lynn August Linse on 7 April, 2014 - 10:23 am -
Actually, if I view this as the more narrow question of serial-vs-Ethernet, I could paraphrase a...
By Lynn August Linse on 7 April, 2014 - 9:37 am -
Adding to what Curt mentioned, I think the bulk of small companies find Modbus support FAR MORE...
By Ken Emmons Jr. on 7 April, 2014 - 8:16 am -
Many instrument and control device manufacturers (drives, panel meters, laser micrometers, etc)...
I have seem Modbus/TCP far more than Modbus serial in recent years.  Modbus/TCP and A-B Ethernet/IP...
You don't have to look very hard, many vendors can do Modbus/TCP. Often you have to ask as they...
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
from the Instruments Department department...
Modbus Max. Length
Originally posted by Franco Kew on 8 April, 2014 - 10:34 pm
Measure the total Modbus Length
New Replies:
Hadn't thought of segmenting the network with repeaters to fix the topology - slick! Franco,...
By Lynn August Linse on 9 April, 2014 - 9:46 am -
This is an RS-485 issue, not Modbus question. Max length is more an issue of the cable quality...
You're not supposed to run RS485 in a star topology. Not sure if short branches are officially...
WinConX driver (MBX driver 4.2)
Originally posted by Julio Mtz on 8 April, 2014 - 9:46 am
I need the WinConX driver (MBX driver 4.2) to install an old PCI-85 card
New Replies:
Contact your local Schneider Modicon representative. They might be able to give you a complimentary...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Control&Automation department...
Preselected mode for Mark V
Originally posted by Abbernardo on 3 April, 2014 - 4:49 pm
PreSelected mode when connected to grid and Mark V trip
New Replies:
Abbernardo and CSA, I would like to make a comment just to make sure I am understanding the...
As usual CSA well explained the basics. Thank you take care G.Rajesh...
Abbernardo. The work om the transmission system should not affect the load on the unit--unless...
I appreciate the quick turnaround and help others! I was hoping it was you that answered the...
from the ICCP Objects department...
MODBUS and ICCP integration
Originally posted by Krishna on 6 April, 2014 - 8:33 pm
How to integrate ICCP and MODBUS?
New Replies:
There are several solutions available that will interface between these 2 protocols. Kalkitech and...
from the Instrument department...
Modbus Master/Slave on fiber optics
Originally posted by self on 7 April, 2014 - 12:31 am
Problem with modbus comunication
New Replies:
Have you tried removing the devices one at a time and see when the problem goes away? Can you tell...
Select Page: Previous 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Anarchy may not be the best form of government, but it's better than no
government at all.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive