Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Engineering
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the OPC to CS3000 communication department...
Reading text information from OPC to yokogawa CS3000
Posted by ANWESHA on 3 July, 2014 - 4:08 am
Is it possible to read text/string from OPC to CS3000 in some way?
I would like to read a Batch number which is scanned and fed to OPC and display in the graphics of CS3000.
Is that possible?
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Controls department...
GE Gas Turbine IGV angle
Originally posted by BND on 28 June, 2014 - 4:31 am
What is the logic? GTG is not operating in Temperature Control mode.
New Replies:
CSA, Thank you again for your comment, it helps a lot. So when the unit is on Base Load, the...
Neo, The IGV position reference, CSRGV, is the output of a MAX select block--just like FSR is...
CSA I posted it in wrong thread. As both of IGVs and FSR (right?) have ability to regulate...
from the electrical, domotics department...
modbus-scada
Originally posted by Remi Van Damme on 2 July, 2014 - 1:15 am
is it possible in a modbus network to have a SCADA system which polls for data from the slaves and another SCADA system which also collects data from the same slaves?
New Replies:
If you use a Modbus TCP gateway in front of the Modbus RTU line it is possible. If you can only...
Yes, it is possible. We sell a product that can permit up to 3 Modbus Masters to connect to a...
You can't do it on the same subnet, as a Modbus subnet can have only one master. But the ICC...
from the Electrical department...
Junction Box Ex 'e' 'p' Calculation
Posted by Biky on 3 July, 2014 - 1:38 am
Looking for a junction box Ex 'e' 'p' Calculation
Topic: Motion control, servos, steppers, etc.
from the Forum department...
Maintaining constant RPM
Originally posted by xibalban on 2 July, 2014 - 3:21 pm
Energy stored in wounded spring!
New Replies:
I believe that you refer to centrifugal pendulum based governor used in diesel generators to...
>How do old mechanical gramophones >ensure constant RPM output? They use spring loaded...
from the GFCI help... department...
GFCI
Originally posted by JBMichael on 2 July, 2014 - 3:40 pm
I would like to install a GFCI in a control cabinet for a CNC machine.
New Replies:
Something like this maybe? AB 1492-REC20G A similar one is made by ASI, Phoenix, and...
from the Automation List department...
Calculation of cable size
Originally posted by Anonymous on 3 July, 2007 - 12:41 am
How to calculate cable size, switchgears and fuses for feeders and equipment?
New Replies:
How to calculate cc of the cable calculation steps I know that CC is for fuse factor but i have...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
master controller MPC 3000
Posted by vashstampede1321 on 2 July, 2014 - 4:00 am
Having problems looking for schematics for a MPC3000 microprocessor based master controller ..i hope someone could help me out..
Intrinsically safe barrier required?
Originally posted by Jordan on 21 February, 2013 - 6:22 pm
When are IS barriers required?
New Replies:
Thanks, you're the best one Bruce......
Originally posted by aldorian on 28 June, 2014 - 7:46 pm
I would like to know what is the expected speed follow up a trip in a SC5 steam turbine.
New Replies:
I'm not familiar with your turbines, but we have large GE steam turbines. For a...
first CSA explanation is extremely detailed and I will not be nearly as eloquent in my posting ...
MC, 'Trip anticipators' as they are sometimes called are done in different ways by different...
CSA Thank you very much for the time and effort of your answer the explanation is more than clear. ...
CSA, Can you expand on the trip anticipator logic? My understanding... an over-speed can be...
Are you suggesting that there should be a particular speed that is achieved after a load...
Posted by Marie on 1 July, 2014 - 6:35 pm
In a confined space without much room what works better to measure air flow at a supply or return grille, a hot wire anemometer or a rotating vane anemometer. Do you need to take multiple measurements and average them in using both instruments?
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the for PC DNP 3.0 serial simulations department...
DNP 3.0 serial simulator?
Originally posted by jose luis on 13 July, 2001 - 7:22 pm
Do you know if there is any simulator software for the DNP 3.0 protocol over a serial RS232 connection?

New Replies:
>Hi JOSE, We do have protocol analyser and simulator "RPA" which can simulate...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Electrical Control department...
fault during synchronizing two generator set
Originally posted by Uniport on 1 July, 2014 - 6:06 am
High amps generated in generator during synchronization on NO LOAD.
New Replies:
The Summary for this thread seems to disagree with the body of the thread. At least, something...
from the Generator Seal Oil Differential Pressure department...
Seal Oil/Hydrogen Differential Pressure
Originally posted by skilash on 25 June, 2014 - 10:28 am
High generator seal oil flow, empty seal oil vacuum compartment, fluctuating differential pressure, high seal oil pump discharge pressure
New Replies:
the most likely is the sudden rush of air past them and shock of oil impact when the system is...
Quadrant segments. What factors would cause the seals to go out of step? We went on an outage and...
>>Yes correct, the seal oil compartment >is the same as GE's seal oil vacuum tank ...
Does the ultra sonic indicate only 40-50 l/min per seal. does you Ultra sonic confirm the total...
trying to locate what category to post in my be a challange. I would suggest .Generators ..Inner...
Yeah this was does, calibrated gauges were used for verification. All instrument lines were flushed...
Thanks, will try them...
I have checked the flow with an ultrasonic meter on both lines and there is a small difference of...
Nothing that really added value ...
Topic: Application Questions and Problems
from the Electronics department...
difference between a pump and a compressor
Originally posted by Anonymous on 21 June, 2006 - 12:30 am
pump vs. compressor
New Replies:
By Sasidharan K G on 1 July, 2014 - 7:32 am -
A pump is a device used for pumping or moving a volume of fluid from its inlet port to its outlet...
Originally posted by Joe on 29 June, 2014 - 7:10 am
Differential pressure as tank level incorrect reading
New Replies:
I haven't a clue what your supplier actually provided. You need to ask them to be very specific...
I thank you so much guys for your answers. The range is 0-2.8 bars by the way. The supplier gave me...
Presumably this is liquid CO2 in a pressurized vessel? You probably have the wrong DP pressure...
d/p = delta L[m] * density[Kgf/m3] for d/p in Kgf/m2 likely that you transmitter is spanned...
Posted by Matt Helm on 30 June, 2014 - 9:11 am
I have a receiving cushion that intermittently enters its down motion too early causing damage to the product. It is so intermittent that it's impossible to nail down the cause.
from the Instrumentation department...
GT not running at 100% rated RPM in Isochronous mode.
Originally posted by Sanjay Solanki on 25 June, 2014 - 11:54 am
GT is not running at 100% rated speed when run in Isochronous mode but runs at 100% rated RPM when run in Droop mode.
New Replies:
Thank you very much CSA! I'm away for a week on mini vacation. I'll ask my questions in separate...
Sanjay, You are well on your way to learning how GE-design heavy duty gas turbines operate, and...
Neo, Wrong thread, perhaps? ...
Neo, I'm giving here the link to a thread in which CSA has very well explained the concept of...
By Sanjay Solanki on 29 June, 2014 - 3:15 am -
Thanks for continuing the conversation CSA. I personally believed that there is some problem...
from the Electrical department...
Generator capacity
Originally posted by Not applicable on 29 June, 2014 - 3:54 am
Calculation of capacity of generator.
New Replies:
Since the rating of a generator is expressed in terms of power, with a base of watts, and you have...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in
praise of intelligence.
-- Bertrand Russell
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive