Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next
Control.com topic...
Information
Topic: Information resources, documentation.
from the Forum department...
Magnetic vs. Ultrasonic Flowmeters
Originally posted by kiko_machine on 3 June, 2010 - 2:48 am
Ultrasonic and magnetic Flowmeters in Landscape Irrigation application
New Replies:
Thanks, Roy. I was going to say the same thing. I caution about using transit time ultrasonics on...
100 - 800mm In the larger sizes there is no question ultrasonic wins hands down. 32"...
Thank you Davinder Sing, vijay...
Hi, First you need to check the budget of your project. As price remains same/similar for...
from the instrumentation department...
lube oil tank level
Originally posted by rajiv on 1 September, 2012 - 5:47 am
Lube oil tank level measurement
New Replies:
Sam, You are correct in saying we should be more precise, but since it's up to the poster to...
Ok this is getting very confusing. I will try and bring everything together. If we assume the...
You can calibrate the transmitter to 136 mmWC (assuming 0.8 as sp gravity of the oil). As the tank...
By William \(Bill\) L Mostia Jr PE on 8 September, 2012 - 1:21 pm -
While this may be just a matter of the description perspective semantics, for a d/p cell type of...
Sam, It was not very clear from the original post which was the high tap and the low tap and which...
CSA/Roy, thank you for the input, and yes you are right, but I just think from our side we should...
I agree, if it's under + or - pressure it must be connected, I always like to run my tubing up...
I'm unclear about the measurements that were provided, too, but thank you, Roy Matson, for putting...
It's a little unclear what your measurements are but. Transmitter is 210 mm below low tap point ...
Hi, this seems to be a very simple dryleg level setup but a little more information is needed if...
Presumably, the LRV (4-20mA = 4mA) is at the elevation of the lower tap. The transmitter is...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
PROMTEC BRIX MEASUREMENT
Posted by sameer on 9 September, 2012 - 6:04 am
information about cofig code and service code for -ICC 2.45 standard four channel Brix indicator.
from the Abbreviations on applications of valves department...
Acronyms applications for valves
Originally posted by ZeNetto123 on 4 September, 2012 - 12:23 pm
For classification application type valves are criteria that are pre set with acronyms that generate certain doubts on the possibility of applying for some types of valves within the program SAP/R3.
New Replies:
I cannot judge what your particular SAP system acronyms are but I can address some of the acronyms...
from the instrumentation department...
Using Autocad for P & ID project
Originally posted by madhu on 5 September, 2012 - 2:42 am
Best software for making hook-ups in drawings
New Replies:
Hey i have a e-book on hookup diagrams and hope it would be useful for you and will forward it to...
Originally posted by Control on 31 August, 2012 - 11:12 am
I want to learn about L3CP contact. What is this contact? Thanks..
New Replies:
Mark V, If you work at a site with a Mark V there should be a file in the unit-specific...
Thank you very much.....
Hello, Zihni, (from Turkey, if I recall correctly) I just wanted to add a couple of things to...
Thank you very much.. I want to know there is some contacts, for examples L4CT, L52B_SEL, L4_XTP...
Dear Zihni. Signal L3CP. "L"=Logic not a hardware signal but logic. "3"...
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
from the Searching for literature department...
Honeywell DCS Experion C200
Originally posted by Bigmark on 4 April, 2004 - 11:34 am
I have recently joined a PLC company as a trainee and have been assigned a project concerning Honeywell Experion PKS C200 Controller...
New Replies:
I had been working in a Refinery and our Reforming Unit has to renovate with Honeywell C200. I...
from the Environmental Sciences department...
Relation between Ambient Temp and Barometric Pressure
Originally posted by Grishma on 23 August, 2012 - 7:31 am
How should Barometric Pressure respond to changes in Ambient Temperature
New Replies:
> So its not JUST the Temp vs Barometric Pressure relation, as I understood in the most...
Thanks Rob, So its not JUST the Temp vs Barometric Pressure relation, as I understood in the...
This isn't really an automation question - you need to grab some weather textbooks. Some of the...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the MARK V department...
Torque Convertor Operation
Originally posted by Control on 26 April, 2012 - 12:54 pm
I work in a Natural Combined Cycle Plant Power which have MS9001E, Frame9E and Mark V control. How does a Torque Convertor operate?
New Replies:
Hi! Quoting from a previous reply to this thread: >..., when asking for help with ...
Hi! i want to ask about torque converter (using Voith Type EL 10 z FT) : - how to set limit...
Topic: Computers in manufacturing; also hardware discussion.
Failure Modes of Yokogawa's Mulcom
Posted by Sultana on 20 August, 2012 - 6:01 am
Help identifying possible Failure modes of Mulcom
from the Field Insturments department...
Hazardous Area Classification
Originally posted by S Alagappan on 12 August, 2012 - 6:31 am
Hazardous Area Specification
New Replies:
Thanks for the clarification and link.......
I have some material covering these topics I can make available - contact me at bmdurdle (at)...
>1. How to classify areas as per various >standards like FM & ATEX. refer to...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the E/I department...
Atlas Copco Elektronikon
Originally posted by paras,vee on 16 January, 2005 - 6:57 pm
How to purchase LCD monitor for atlas copco-elektronikon display
New Replies:
Dear sir; I'm currently doing servicing and overhaul jobs for various brand of compressors in...
from the process control department...
Yokogawa background information
Posted by miguel kalenga on 17 August, 2012 - 8:24 am
interview questions
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
Engineering problem
Posted by Honer Sofi on 15 August, 2012 - 10:32 am
looking for a website with companies that need an engineering solution to a problem they might be facing.
from the Looking for an MS7001B Turbine GURU department...
GE MS7001B Turbine "LIQUID FUEL" fuel pump swashplate RVDT feedback
Originally posted by Brad Zuercher on 7 August, 2012 - 11:18 pm
Need info on GE MS7001B Gas/Liquid Fuel turbine control system, with Denison Pump
New Replies:
be_anon, Thanks for the history lesson! I have only had the good fortune to tinker with a Mark I...
I recall the original 7B had no speed pickups on the flow divider. (Speed pickups on the flow...
Brad Zuercher, If you could describe the problem you are having it might be easier to provide...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
Low cost flowmeters
Originally posted by Aparra on 3 August, 2012 - 6:53 pm
I'm just looking for an economic flow sensor
New Replies:
Hi, Thanks for the answer. Fluid its just liquid with microsolids suspended, because its...
Digital Input with Line Monitoring
Posted by system123 on 7 August, 2012 - 9:30 am
How to identify Digital input with line monitoring? And what is line monitoring?
Hydro-power generation in Africa
Originally posted by Mark Klee on 2 August, 2012 - 4:19 am
I'm trying to determine the amount of electricity that can be practically generated from a stream of water on the top of our property.
New Replies:
I guess you have not yet installed the system. I suggest you should consider to size up you pipe so...
The pipe diameter and material used has not been determined at this point - so I can't even...
Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Command, n.:
Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in
such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive