Control.com topic...
Process Control
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the Control Systems department...
1oo2 voting for temperature transmitter
Originally posted by christine on 23 July, 2014 - 4:30 am
1oo2 voting for temperature transmitter
New Replies:
you might consider placement in valve-free connecting pipe, but that depends on a number of...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Forum department...
Simple model-based control example
Originally posted by Rupert on 20 July, 2014 - 2:25 pm
MPC example
New Replies:
Good advice. to the original question, all control is model based. > Just playing with...
Just playing with some code will not help you much. The better way is: a) To learn about the...
Topic: Application Questions and Problems
from the CBM department...
lube oil level
Originally posted by syed on 14 July, 2014 - 9:24 am
Which Lube oil tnk level to be used: Absolute or relative
New Replies:
Sam, great detail you have provide. Thank you very much for the response. This is really...
Something to take into consideration is that the pressure at the bottom of a column of liquid will...
Sam, thanks for your reply. You have given an excellent point that i cannot really find in any...
In most cases there is a reason for measuring the level of a product in a vessel and that is to...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Controls department...
Why Minimum Value Gate Used in GT controls?
Originally posted by 4_20 mA on 21 January, 2013 - 10:03 am
I have seen this Minimum value gate for controlling GT's and Booster Compressor in couple of CCPP.
New Replies:
fluidflow, Pretty good description; but I would be surprised if FSR actually goes to 33% during...
Dear CSA, thank you for showing interest in my question. major events up to FSNL in my opinion...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the Instrumentation department...
analog 4-20mA output transmision
Originally posted by Kiyani on 10 May, 2012 - 6:02 pm
Analyzers analog output signal 4-20mA transmission
New Replies:
Is it safe to run analog and digital instrument signals in the same mulicore cable? multicore is...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the Control Logic department...
Centum VP Logic
Posted by mmsystems on 16 July, 2014 - 1:51 am
write a logic for PUMP
Operation of Shutdown and Blowdown Valves
Posted by Gopinath on 15 July, 2014 - 3:20 am
Can anyone explain the shutdown valve (SDV) & Blowdown valve (BDV) operation?
Originally posted by ANA on 12 July, 2014 - 3:11 pm
Single controller for multiple purposes
New Replies:
Sound a lot like a split range control that you need to do in this application. In a split range...
I am assuming that the final output of the flow controller is a position command to a control...
of course simulteous control is not possible, but to talk about valves in a specific...
from the INSTRUMENT department...
Reading Hot Thermocouple
Originally posted by RAJESH on 6 July, 2014 - 4:34 pm
Does a hot thermocouple in junction box give an actual reading?
New Replies:
good answer >> if the connections are made properly and proper thermocouple extension...
If the junctions are similar metals, say thermocouple wire and the proper extension wire, yes it...
Just a clarification on the condition of both thermocouple leads having cold junctions. The cold...
excellent description of the problem faced and how to get proper readings...
> if the connections are made properly and proper thermocouple extension wiring > and...
if the connections are made properly and proper thermocouple extension wiring and terminal blocks...
Originally posted by tech77 on 16 May, 2011 - 6:17 am
Magnetic pickup - amplitude or frequency
New Replies:
Ramana, There is a lot of good and applicable information in the previous posts to this thread....
Dear friend, Please need a help about magnetic pickup unit sensor. Am confused about the sensor...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
GE Mark VI/VIe HMI and Software Questions
Originally posted by Kevin on 8 July, 2014 - 8:17 pm
Specific questions about Mark VI and VIe.
New Replies:
Kevin, Welcome to the world of Speedtronic turbine control systems in the age of Mark VI and...
from the OSI vs. Aspen department...
OSI Pi versus Aspen Info Plus 21
Originally posted by holger on 6 July, 2010 - 6:22 am
Chemical company with batch processes has to decide if they buy Aspen tech or OSI.
New Replies:
I'm working on OSISoft PI Historian for couple of years, So I would like to share my exp on this. ...
from the Instrumentation department...
DP to Flow conversion
Originally posted by kamaraj on 4 July, 2014 - 6:13 am
can we directly configure square rooted DP (4 - 20mA) from DP transmitter to flow
New Replies:
> And the max range of orifice is 120 m3/hr if my DP is 20mA then is my flow equals to...
As your statement whatever DP displays is Flow?...
Am sorry you are right, its not 0-10 bar ,its 0-98.3 mbar. and i have set transfer function as...
Just be careful and make sure you are not also doing the square root function in the control...
As David correctly informed, you can do the conversion from linear output to square root output in...
Every 3051 has a parameter to convert the output of configured DP range from a linear DP output to...
from the Automation List department...
barg and bara
Originally posted by Anonymous on 16 November, 2006 - 11:45 pm
I want to know the difference between barg and bara.
New Replies:
so is 1 barg = 1 bar?...
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the OPC connectivity with CS3000 department...
Reading or writing Text (string) from OPC in CS3000
Posted by ANWESHA on 4 July, 2014 - 11:09 am
Is it possible to Read 'Text/string' data from OPC into Yokogawa CS3000 system?
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the Machine Building department...
Liability?
Originally posted by Clay Robbins on 3 July, 2014 - 11:54 am
Am I personally liable if I build a machine without safety features to prevent an operator from getting hurt?
New Replies:
At issue is "re-building" a machine, not a matter of designing it. A craftsman involved...
Repairs in kind are exempted from individual liablity as long as you did the work properly, i.e. as...
By dmh2dogs@yahoo.com on 3 July, 2014 - 11:19 pm -
Repairing a machine to factory specs sometimes releases one from legal ramifications. I however...
> So you are saying that I as a salaried employee is not at fault, and that the liability falls...
So you are saying that I as a salaried employee is not at fault, and that the liability falls back...
repair is usually covered, beyond that when you start making major changes or improvements that is...
from the ELECTRICAL department...
ABB acs800M
Originally posted by GARY on 2 July, 2014 - 2:01 pm
we are using acs800M drives we are loosing the capacitor banks regularly in the filter unit in the convertor side. what could be the reason for these regular blast outs of capacitors and how can we control it .
New Replies:
The ACS800M is only a controller. Can you provide the part# info for the drive and the filter?...
master controller MPC 3000
Posted by vashstampede1321 on 2 July, 2014 - 4:00 am
Having problems looking for schematics for a MPC3000 microprocessor based master controller ..i hope someone could help me out..
Posted by Matt Helm on 30 June, 2014 - 9:11 am
I have a receiving cushion that intermittently enters its down motion too early causing damage to the product. It is so intermittent that it's impossible to nail down the cause.
from the Engineering department...
Alstom Microrec DCS
Originally posted by PTControls on 19 December, 2006 - 6:22 pm
Looking for background information on Alstom Microrec DCS used for controlling CCGT power plant.
New Replies:
Hi I am looking for spare parts for MICROREC K4.1. I need a ESVI1 and a AMS42, urgent can you...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
"Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack."
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive