Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Process Control
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Engineering department...
Three way valve - on/off
Originally posted by Josh on 29 May, 2014 - 4:53 am
Three way valve - on/off control design
New Replies:
Dear Ken, Thanks for your advice. Our application is two pipeline (2 inlet) which will be...
Josh, There are many types of three-way valves with double-acting actuators for many different...
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but let me guess what you want and give some...
from the INSTRUMENTATION department...
Differential Pressure Transmitter Calibration
Originally posted by RAMESH on 31 May, 2014 - 5:43 am
Changing the range of Differential Pressure Transmitter Calibration.
New Replies:
Tables A-1 and A-2 on pages 118-119 of the 3051 manual shows the LRL and URL range 'limits' (not...
Topic: Information resources, documentation.
from the Old stuff department...
Toshiba Automation Co PRS equipment
Posted by me on 29 May, 2014 - 8:28 pm
Looking for any information on Toshiba PRS system
Originally posted by Ashiq on 29 May, 2014 - 5:38 am
re-configure Solatron 7951 flow computer.
New Replies:
corrected volumetric flow calculation from indicated volumetric flow in solatrom flow computer ...
Originally posted by Alphite on 28 May, 2014 - 4:25 pm
How to control flowrate and pressure with a positive displacement pump.
New Replies:
Unless my command of physics has abandoned me, the sprayball will act like an orifice, in other...
A positive displacement pump is essentially a constant-flow device, with discharge pressure...
from the Maintenance department...
Endress+Hauser Level Transmitter Hunting
Originally posted by Talluri on 21 May, 2014 - 2:59 am
What is the possible cause for Level transmitter hunting?
New Replies:
You can compare the parameters of newly installed E+H module with the replaced one. There is a...
> Did any level sensor ever work properly in this installation? yes since 5yrs > Is this...
One possible reason for a level loop being reported as "hunting" is a phenomenon called...
Perhaps the level is going up and down. Or there are pressure changes (turbulance) that look the...
No one here can see your installation. We only know what you tell us, which thus far, is...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the automation department...
Leary M06 Microwave Sensor
Posted by me on 27 May, 2014 - 11:14 am
Looking for information on the M06 Microwave Sensor from Leary
Originally posted by Marina on 14 October, 2013 - 5:15 am
How do I see the function of a TC (type circuit) element in Advant Control system AC 160?
New Replies:
By Stephan Blaas on 24 May, 2014 - 5:06 am -
> Can someone tell me how to see the function of a TC (type circuit) element in Advant Control...
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the Testing department...
JAGXTREME and Yokogawa power meter
Posted by Mario Soto on 22 May, 2014 - 8:22 pm
I want to get a torque value output from a Jagxtreme terminal so I can use it as torque input (BNC connection) for a Yokogawa power meter (motor version)
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
from the The Unknown Entity department...
One control variable for two loops
Originally posted by TheController on 15 May, 2014 - 5:21 pm
Can we have one control variable control two different loops?
New Replies:
A key principle of control is: 1 controlled variable (CV) 1 manipulated variable (MV). Thus:...
If you want to do the job right, add a differential pressure transmitter across the control valve...
The basic rule is ... One measurement = one PID loop But of course you have two actuators - each...
One approach which I have seen used with boiler feedwater pumping systems is to use the valve to...
from the Automation List department...
PID Controller - ID combination
Originally posted by Anonymous on 24 August, 2004 - 7:56 pm
Why not use ID?
New Replies:
a)Self-regulating process: Neither P nor D can be used alone or in combination as a PD since they...
By Peter Nachtwey on 15 May, 2014 - 7:04 pm -
This is easy. One gain is needed for every pole of an open loop system if you wish to place all...
It depends in which PID algorithm you choose. According to wiki (yes.. Wikipedia). The PID...
from the Forum department...
Deltav Network
Originally posted by mahdi on 17 May, 2014 - 11:42 pm
Link two different version of DeltaV
New Replies:
I am also interested to communicated Deltav version 9.0 & 11.3 Together on same network. ...
Topic: Information resources, documentation.
from the Automation List department...
Question about LQR
Originally posted by Paddy Josef on 21 August, 2000 - 1:53 pm
What are the advantages and drawbacks of using LQR (Linear Quadratic Regulator) design method? Does it always work?
New Replies:
please use Bryson rule.. that is best rule. by using this rule you can reach to some point and then...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Oil and Gas department...
RTD failure
Originally posted by JAVAID on 15 September, 2010 - 12:40 pm
Unit trips at RTD failure when spikes occur
New Replies:
Re RTD failure: I had experience the same issue but the only difference is that we made changes...
Originally posted by Glenn on 9 May, 2014 - 1:03 am
Is it a violation to use the same instrument for boiler protection and boiler control (e.g. drum level)?
New Replies:
the IEC codes outline an evaluation procedure that includes risk assessments, etc., beyond the...
The reason transmitters are preferred is primarily diagnostic coverage. The majority of failure...
Good reply Could you please explain that is this mandatory requirement by IEC 61508/61511 to use...
Vortex Flow Meter
Originally posted by Prasana on 14 May, 2014 - 4:29 pm
Troubleshooting Vortex Flow Transmitter
New Replies:
Inlet pressure to the valve changes. With the controller in manual mode holding the valve at a...
from the Instrumentation department...
KTK Thyristor drives
Originally posted by Sandeep on 7 July, 2004 - 12:16 pm
KTK Thyristor drives FAC 1R
New Replies:
Ins trip means excessive current at enable. This can be caused by a number of things including...
from the Level department...
Gasoline/Water Interface Level
Originally posted by jay on 12 May, 2014 - 11:59 pm
Measuring gasoline/water interface level
New Replies:
Yes I know what you are saying, I hate displacers as well. You were however on the right track...
pulse scale factor
Originally posted by Hoo on 8 May, 2014 - 3:41 am
pulse scale factor
New Replies:
It appears that the repeatability of a given coriolis flow meter increased from 0.05140% to...
Dear Bob I would be really thankful if you let me have any documents which elaborate this...
2oo3D voting
Originally posted by amanemisa on 8 April, 2014 - 3:54 am
Explain if 1oo2D voting is just similar to 2oo3 voting for ESD system.
New Replies:
srh, As a general statement regarding dangerous failures, the valves are included because they...
Bill, definitely a better clarity on what you meant earlier and you are spot on as regards dev...
srh, I left off a couple of words when I was talking about "probability of failure". ...
Thanks for the feedback Bill. Let me clarify further. The spurious trips are being caused by...
The first thing to do is to figure out what is causing the spurious trips. If it is due to...
Continuing on with the subject, i am a little confused. I have a process plant with reactor...
Originally posted by kwaku on 12 December, 2013 - 12:15 pm
white thick smoke coming from exhaust during start-up and shutdown.
New Replies:
Am a Frame 9E gas turbine control room operator. So i can categorically tell you that you can...
Nice contribution and comment.....
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.
-- Disraeli
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive