Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Process Control
Originally posted by vpsopm on 5 September, 2014 - 1:48 pm
2+1 CC GTs both tripped and Steam Turbine was still synchronised on grid producing 30 MW!
New Replies:
> Did the operators open the steam turbine generator breaker or did reverse power open the...
vpsopm, You said both GT's were tripped and their diverter dampers were closed and the steam...
Famous last words prior to a destructive overspeed event, "the turbine tripped, but I saw MWs...
vpsopm, This could be one of "those" conditions that was never envisioned by the plant...
Dear, Even though the steam turbine kept running and synchronized, I am sure it didn't go for...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the Forum department...
DCS analog input problem
Originally posted by mahmoud fawzy on 4 September, 2014 - 7:10 pm
DCS Analog input signals didn't work with ADAM card
New Replies:
Hi David , yes, sure yokogawa card model is AAI143-H Analog Input Module (4 to 20 mA,...
The symptoms you're seeing are a classic example of exceeding the common mode limitation of the...
Thank you for reply, our power supply model is MOXA DR-4524 feeds 24 VdC to ADAM card , ...
Classic ground loop symptoms When you connect a battery powered simulator, it's floating with...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Instrumentation and Control department...
Temperature Transmitter
Posted by Kamaraj on 8 September, 2014 - 7:11 am
How can we test a Temperature Transmitter Accuracy?
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Operations department...
9FA Gas Turbine Unloading Rate
Originally posted by Stephen Roche on 6 September, 2014 - 3:17 pm
GE 9FA unloading rate in auto stop sequence for multishaft unit.
New Replies:
Thanks for your reply CSA. The Auto loading/unloading rate for our unit is G1:TNKR1_4L and is...
SteveRoche, Unfortunately, GE uses the same Control Constant for unloading as for loading when...
from the Missing level department...
MES only to connect DCS to ERP?
Posted by Jess B on 4 September, 2014 - 5:01 pm
1) How realistic is it to have a control recipe from ERP to DCS?
2) Is it worth doing an MES just for this?
from the electrical department...
Endress Hauser Gammapilot M FMG60 Pulse Rate
Posted by john on 4 September, 2014 - 3:51 pm
Background calibration average Pulse rate is 0 for Endress hauser Gammapiolt M FMG60 instrument for measuring level in Hutch.
from the Instrumentation and Control department...
Calculating Pressure Transmitter Range
Originally posted by Kamaraj on 21 August, 2014 - 7:42 am
How can we test Rangeability of Pressure Transmitter?
New Replies:
For anyone interested, there's some really useful information on this blog I found about Pressure...
Thanks Mr.David & Thanks for all....
The word 'Turndown' is used in two ways. One use of the word turndown is to define how far a...
Dear Mr.David, In your Last Post you wrote that At 7 bar pressure, the reading could be 6.65...
The term in "FSO" in your spec means (percent) of full scale uncertainty. My selection...
Dear Mr.David, what you have wrote about NaK pressure Transmitter is Correct. My Ke2 model...
Dear Mr.Ashiq, NaK filled transmitter is pressure transmitter used for high temperature...
A colleague informed me that an NaK transmitter is a pressure transmitter with a local fill fluid...
The definition you found is a correct definition of rangeability. I have no idea what a NaK...
Hello Mr. Ashiq, Thanks for your information.. The transmitter output is 4-20mA only. when...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the Instrumentation Design department...
Using a Standpipe with DP Level Transmitter
Originally posted by TANWEER on 3 September, 2014 - 8:57 pm
Can we use a standpipe with a DP type level transmitter?
New Replies:
I am assuming your question is if you can use a DP transmitter on a standpipe. If that is the case...
from the Instrumentation Engineers department...
Wet Leg Carried Over Problem in Differential Pressure Transmitters
Originally posted by Shaiq Bashir on 31 August, 2014 - 2:47 am
The seal which is filled in wetleg of DPT, is carried away with pipe fluid.
New Replies:
Thanks for the reply. The reason we are using buffer solution is because we are measuring flow of...
Why did you use the buffer solutions? The SS impulse lines are very resistive to ammonia corrosion...
Routine refilling of all such wet legs is commonly practiced in such cases....
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the Instrument department...
ALE111 module send failure
Originally posted by Shahzad on 28 September, 2010 - 5:17 pm
Yokogawa ALE111 module communication problem
New Replies:
I have a similar problem. We are using ALE111 Ethernet card with controller ADV10D to communicate...
Topic: The Business of Automation and Control
from the Investors department...
New Flow Measurement Method
Originally posted by Abdolazim Hasseli on 9 April, 2014 - 1:09 am
How to find an investor of instruments.
New Replies:
What are the usual contract of employment conditions? In the USA any idea, innovation or...
Thank you again. I think what I have to do is to make sure that my idea works perfectly. Then I...
Originally posted by Ashiq on 29 May, 2014 - 5:38 am
re-configure Solatron 7951 flow computer.
New Replies:
Hi, I think the contact details I gave are probably going to get you to them but just in case: ...
Dear Mr. JMW Thanks for your information yes i am trying to configure via the front panel...
> corrected volumetric flow calculation from indicated volumetric flow in solatrom flow computer...
from the Instrumentation department...
Instrument Control Loop
Originally posted by Waqar Ahmed on 26 June, 2014 - 3:18 am
Maintenance procedure of process control loop.
New Replies:
On any live process plant this procedure can be followed directly or be adapted slightly to suit...
Topic: Application Questions and Problems
from the Automation List department...
Control Valve Cycle Measurement
Originally posted by Gerald Beaudoin on 20 August, 2014 - 8:04 am
How to measure the control valve cycles?
New Replies:
I think you are making things more complicated than it needs to be. I have never heard about...
By Gerald Beaudoin on 27 August, 2014 - 1:43 pm -
Sure would appreciate any points of view on this one..... Cheers Gerald Beaudoin...
Originally posted by Paul Kraemer on 26 August, 2014 - 2:12 pm
Supply and exhaust air handling control method evaluation.
New Replies:
Thanks for your response Curt. Do you mean that you would control the differential pressure...
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
from the PLC Control department...
PID Control using FB41 for Siemens S7-300 PLC
Originally posted by Donald Tan on 20 December, 2002 - 11:19 am
I am an undergraduate student who is currently trying to program a Siemens S7-300 PLC (CPU 313) for PID control using FB 41. Where can I find more examples and more details on how to use FB41. There is none inside the Siemens PID control manual for the FB41. What are the important parameters that need to be configured?
New Replies:
By Jan Steen Nielsen on 27 August, 2014 - 12:19 pm -
Hello Amir Ovcina (and others) I have made an all-in-one PID-Controller (FB121) and many other...
from the Eurotherm 3504 department...
Controller Watch Dog and Output Loop Failure Detection
Originally posted by Mike divine on 22 August, 2014 - 5:32 am
Challenges with achieving the processor watchdog and output loop failure functionality with Eurotherm 3504.
New Replies:
Thanks for your reply. I am currently working on the design....
Those are fairly easy to code around with most processors. An external time delay relay that you...
Originally posted by Sarmad on 21 January, 2011 - 6:33 am
Viability of exporting DCS (Ovation) data to a third party over a wireless (serial) link using OPC server.
New Replies:
Dear Sarmad At our CCPP output from DCS is given to AB PLC and through SCADA. we send &...
Sarmad, Were you able to get a solution for your requirement? Regards, Arif > Thanks....
from the South Facing Wall department...
0 - 10v Sensor Output Spikes or Dips Periodically
Posted by Snake on 23 August, 2014 - 12:36 pm
0-10v sensor output not as stable as I'd like
from the Forum department...
Lime slurry density meter
Originally posted by mechanation on 6 June, 2014 - 11:31 am
We are trying to measure density of our lime slurry which approx 22% solids
New Replies:
Vibrating element density is a good approach for slurries but care to be taken over the % and the...
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
from the instrumentation department...
solartron 7915 flow computer
Originally posted by amir qadri on 25 June, 2014 - 11:02 am
solartron flowcomputer 7915 showing error message bad ram checksum error, but it is working normal, printer is continuous writing, bad checksum error.
New Replies:
Suggest you contact Les Hancock support engineer of Emerson. You can find him on linkedin and he...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
HOW YOU CAN TELL THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A ROTTEN DAY:
#15 Your pet rock snaps at you.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive