Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next
Control.com topic...
Sensors
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the Instrumentation department...
Wrong Thermocouple Extention Cable
Originally posted by Benjamin Pazolli on 29 January, 2013 - 12:24 am
What is the error if you use a Tx cable with a K thermocouple?
New Replies:
Exactly. As another poster suggested, either change the extension wire or the thermocouple so they...
The best way to make an estimate of the error is to set up a test system - stick a Type K in a bath...
Type T will have one leg of copper - which is copper-coloured ......
Yes, and you can even measure the temperature and calculate the individual errors. My reasoning...
Tell you customer it's the worst kind of error, unpredictable and variable. regards cww...
With a mismatch you will never get much more than indicator accuracy. There are simply too many...
Here's my rationale on the topic: I don't think the error is a linearity question related to...
> Why not just fix the problem? Either use the right thermocouple or change the cable....
I'm going to suggest the original poster is misreading the information printed on the cable jacket....
Why not just fix the problem? Either use the right thermocouple or change the cable. Thermocouples...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the control department...
fuel flow in CT
Originally posted by randy on 26 January, 2013 - 11:13 am
CV importance and fine tuning
New Replies:
randy, This is something many people have a very difficult time understanding. They assume that...
Most gas turbines use some kind of speed control, during start-up/acceleration or during loaded...
any gas turbine, I want to know how fuel demand is matching with required fuel flow, can be oil or...
The concept of Cv has been covered many times before on control.com. I believe you can also find...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Maintenance department...
Wheelspace Temperature GE GT Frame 3
Originally posted by DAMENE Amar on 20 February, 2007 - 10:11 pm
Upgrade Speedtronic Mark II to Mark VI
New Replies:
GT, The next time your machine is open and the rotor has been removed, have a look at how the...
Dear Mr. CSA! First, I am sorry. After CI, the temp. higher is the same side before CI. ...
GT, First of all, during a CI, nothing that affects the wheelspace cooling (or heating) is...
Yes, Mr CSA. The wheelspace T/Cs removed during the CI, and then re-installed after the CI prior to...
Were the wheelspace T/Cs removed during the CI, and then re-installed after the CI prior to the...
Our GE GT after CI also have the same problem: Tem. at 2nd stage wheel space are A & B (our...
from the Forum department...
Range of Pressure Transmitter
Posted by Gafoor on 30 January, 2013 - 9:06 am
Range of Pressure Transmitters
Thermowell Length for best accuracy
Originally posted by GAFOOR on 11 January, 2013 - 7:31 am
What is the Thermowell immersion length required for best accuracy?
New Replies:
Here is new online tool to calculate your thermowell according to ASME ...
> Does this 1/3 include the nozzle, No. > I try to standardize on just a few different...
Does this 1/3 include the nozzle, if so it wouldn't make sense. It would be ok on your large pipe...
Thanks to every body.......
Here is a link to an article that you may find to be helpful: ...
The longer and skinnier the well, the better for response time and accuracy. The shorter and fatter...
from the Wireless department...
Wireless solution for Water level monitoring
Originally posted by elpro energy on 29 January, 2013 - 9:08 am
Looking for a solution to monitor water tanks with wireless connectivity.
New Replies:
By Pietro Tallarico on 29 January, 2013 - 2:20 pm -
You may install the transmitter differential profibus pa (if the tanks are to the atmosphere.) All...
from the Instrumentation & Control department...
Altom Gas Turbine Off skid gas fuel vent valve failed open fault
Posted by Sohaib Adil on 27 January, 2013 - 7:33 am
Alstom typhoon Gas Turbine Tripped on "Off skid gas fuel vent valve failed open" fault.After 15 minutes of tripping, the fault was gone and turbine was on ready to run prompt. This happened thrice in 6 months.
from the Metal to metal department...
Transmitter cover tightness
Posted by Gray on 25 January, 2013 - 6:45 am
should ATEX transmitter covers be screwed on hand tight or by force?
from the Aggresive Liquids Level Automation ehh?? department...
Selection of a Level Gauge for Aggresive Hydrocarbon
Originally posted by nikhilkapoor_vit on 24 January, 2013 - 2:40 am
Selection of LG for glass attacking Hydrocarbon...
New Replies:
Hi You could check out this stainless steel level indicator:...
Process Variable Measurement Damping
Originally posted by Cris on 24 January, 2013 - 11:07 am
Smart device come with a feature to set a damping value to the process variable measurement.
New Replies:
Curt has given you a pretty good example of where a long filter time is essential to get a stable...
Pressure and Temperature Transmitters
Originally posted by Gafoor on 24 January, 2013 - 2:30 am
Looking for information before buying pressure & temperature transmitters
New Replies:
[What are the important points needs to be checked while buying Pressure and temperature...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Air or Substance department...
Water Metering and Air
Posted by Ken Crater on 17 January, 2013 - 5:41 pm
Does air in water actually result in inaccurate metering?
from the Automation department...
Two 4-20mA signals from a single 4-20mA signal
Originally posted by Andrew Ng on 23 October, 2001 - 3:18 pm
Looking for a cheap device that can re-transmit a single 4-20mA signal to two 4-20mA signals. Something like a repeater device that can split the 4-20mA signal into 2 streams without signal degradation.
New Replies:
Any signal isolator will do that for you. If both your devices are referenced to ground it's not...
Simply putting them in series may work, provided the source has enough compliance and they are...
It will depend on where isolation is needed and present, and the drive capability of the...
try www.westermo.com or www.moxa.com or search westermo MD11 they do several devices/repeaters with...
From my instrument I have one two wire 4-20mA O/P. I need to provide this signal to two different...
Frame 5 Honeywell Flame Detectors
Originally posted by PCB on 28 November, 2012 - 11:25 pm
Fluctuating flame intensity on primary combustion chamber flame detectors
New Replies:
Gents, An update and further question. OEM has proposed new flame thresholds based on current...
Originally posted by Israr ahmad on 14 January, 2013 - 5:56 am
We have problem in float less safety switch of steam drum in our boiler.
New Replies:
Dear , I haven't tried increasing sensitivity because i haven't variable sensing controller in...
The conductivity of demin water is much lower than what you measured. Even the tap water in parts...
Square root extraction in DCS
Originally posted by oruam on 21 December, 2009 - 6:35 am
Square root extraction in DCS
New Replies:
> Do as Almonster suggests and put some DP on your transmitter e.g. 50%, that > will show...
You only do the square root ONCE; EITHER at the transmitter OR at the DCS. If you are dealing...
Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
The fact that boys are allowed to exist at all is evidence of a
remarkable Christian forbearance among men.
-- Ambrose Bierce
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive