Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next
Control.com topic...
Sensors
Originally posted by The miracle worker on 10 February, 2013 - 12:08 pm
Possible issue with WX compensation cable to DCS reading of Thermocouple temperature?
New Replies:
one other diagnostic is to turn off the dcs compensation, and then check the readings....
Many good points I read.. Check for grounds on both K leads as close to the probe as possible...
you've an excellent discussion with many very good points, about the only issue that remains is to...
A 5C error (maybe greater) is possible with some handheld digital thermocouple thermometers...
T/C 3.7mV DCS 4.1mV T/C terminal head is at 55deg the cable runs through a steel ducting at 50...
Electrical noise due to HT cables... Rans near to thermocouple cable.... mV may Different at...
a further question is this. What is the temperature at the terminals you indicate are at high...
what are the displayed millivolts at the t/c and what are the displayed millivolts at the dcs...
Posted by remith on 15 February, 2013 - 1:27 am
will the reading of a differential pressure transmitter change if we use a capillary tube?
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Steam Sterilisiation department...
Flow Control Valve Pressure Drop
Originally posted by Tim Smith on 14 February, 2013 - 4:30 am
Comparing to supplier specs for flowmeter and flow control valve, the steam flows we are getting are very low
New Replies:
> Could there be any process reason i am missing? Is the piping stainless, and if so, is it...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Operations department...
Natural gas flow meter summit8800 problem.
Posted by Rokan Uddin on 9 February, 2013 - 4:08 pm
Krone Summit8800 natural gas flow meter calculation is erratic due to upstream pressure beyond limit.
Originally posted by RV on 9 February, 2013 - 11:44 am
I could not communicate with my PC when i connected the MM LDM 7835 to my PC
New Replies:
Assuming your software actually talks through a serial port, you need to check - Windows'...
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the puzzled new user department...
ROCLINK800 Floboss 107 MODBUS Slave configuration
Posted by username on 8 February, 2013 - 10:22 am
I am trying to configure the Floboss 107 as a MODBUS Slave with specified register I/O parameters as specific MODBUS addresses.
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the Forum department...
Square root extraction in DCS
Originally posted by oruam on 21 December, 2009 - 6:35 am
Square root extraction in DCS
New Replies:
You always do the square root extraction in the DCS for the very simple reason that if you have to...
from the Instrumentation department...
Flow meter selection for sludge flow
Originally posted by Dasa on 18 April, 2011 - 2:44 pm
Flow meter selection for sludge flow measurement
New Replies:
I suggest you to use ultrasonic flow meter type with min 2 path sensor....
compensation cable in tc
Originally posted by Charles on 6 February, 2013 - 9:54 am
about compensation cable info reqirements
New Replies:
Thermocouple extension cable is required because it completes the measurement, which is the EMF...
> is it required when transmitter is near to sensor? How near is "near"?...
simply because the various junctions are at unknown temperatures, so it depends on your design and...
from the EE department...
difference between NPN/PNP Sensors
Originally posted by majid on 8 October, 2006 - 4:57 pm
what is difference?
New Replies:
Hi,. for me to easy remember, Output NPN sensor is Negative (0Volt), and need positive (+24Volt...
well said!! Exactly the way I would have answered! Correct, straightforward to the point....
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
Running Stepper motor to Siemens PLC
Originally posted by Delta_V on 5 February, 2012 - 12:57 am
I want to run a stepper motor and use 4 solid state relays instead of a motor driver.
New Replies:
What's the type of SSR? I think you may have mixed up some numbers. I think, that 1,2V is the...
Posted by syurish on 5 February, 2013 - 11:05 am
New issue of IFSA Newsletter, No.1, January 2013
from the Instrumentation department...
Wrong Thermocouple Extention Cable
Originally posted by Benjamin Pazolli on 29 January, 2013 - 12:24 am
What is the error if you use a Tx cable with a K thermocouple?
New Replies:
> Just how much extension wire that needs to be replaced is involved here? considering this...
Just how much extension wire that needs to be replaced is involved here? A couple hundred feet?...
Thanks CWW for the reply, >The two ends are unlikely to be at the same temperature in the...
Aye, there's the rub. The two ends are unlikely to be at the same temperature in the real world....
ok forum, one more chance :) let's make this whole thing a k type thermocouple. the actual...
oh, my mistake. if all the junctions get to the same temperature, it would just reduce to a t...
I can quite believe it - especially if the guy responsible for the original design is now...
For once I am in complete agreement with Bob, the one thing that you can say for sure is that it...
@ Roger, you are correct but i suppose you have misunderstood me. by treating as a single unit and...
> I cannot believe we are discussing the relative merits of doing something in > various...
Exactly. There's no way that's going to work satisfactorily. You'd have to characterize both of...
I cannot believe we are discussing the relative merits of doing something in various wrong ways as...
Yep - there are two extremes. If the terminals in the thermocouple head are at more or less the...
As far as I know, it is not feasible to treat this as a single system as you suggest, since you...
more or less the same thing that i said in my last post, has already been said by Bruce Durdle in...
the error is minimum, not one you want to make. but for most applications is is just the...
an alternative (might be of help). why bother about individual junctions, you have a...
Oops, I stand corrected. In my earlier post, I was thinking ordinary copper wire was the...
> $$$ > I understand and agree but it would be easier to make a business case if I had...
from the Project Management department...
Displacer type Level Transmitter
Posted by Mohammad Sammo on 4 February, 2013 - 1:19 am
There is a installation issue. Process pipe is falling.
Range of Pressure Transmitter
Originally posted by Gafoor on 30 January, 2013 - 9:06 am
Range of Pressure Transmitters
New Replies:
Everything effects 'accuracy'. Everything like temperature, aging, line pressure, hysteresis. So,...
Thermowell Length for best accuracy
Originally posted by GAFOOR on 11 January, 2013 - 7:31 am
What is the Thermowell immersion length required for best accuracy?
New Replies:
you need to specify what is accurate enough along with the temperature, pressure, and whether of...
from the Density Measurement department...
Coriolis density measurement
Originally posted by Kirill St. on 3 July, 2012 - 8:53 am
Student project in coriolis density measurement.
New Replies:
The frequency of operation of a coriolis flowmeter depends on the density of the fluid it contains....
from the Instrument department...
Temperature transmitter for underground tank
Posted by dasau on 31 January, 2013 - 4:40 am
Temperature sensor for underground tank!
Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Please, won't somebody tell me what diddie-wa-diddie means?
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive