Control.com topic...
Sensors
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the Forum department...
Square root extraction in DCS
Originally posted by oruam on 21 December, 2009 - 6:35 am
Square root extraction in DCS
New Replies:
> Do as Almonster suggests and put some DP on your transmitter e.g. 50%, that > will show...
You only do the square root ONCE; EITHER at the transmitter OR at the DCS. If you are dealing...
Thermowell Length for best accuracy
Originally posted by GAFOOR on 11 January, 2013 - 7:31 am
What is the Thermowell immersion length required for best accuracy?
New Replies:
> Does this 1/3 include the nozzle, No. > I try to standardize on just a few different...
Does this 1/3 include the nozzle, if so it wouldn't make sense. It would be ok on your large pipe...
Thanks to every body.......
Here is a link to an article that you may find to be helpful: ...
The longer and skinnier the well, the better for response time and accuracy. The shorter and fatter...
Originally posted by Israr ahmad on 14 January, 2013 - 5:56 am
We have problem in float less safety switch of steam drum in our boiler.
New Replies:
The conductivity of demin water is much lower than what you measured. Even the tap water in parts...
from the Density Measurement department...
Coriolis density measurement
Originally posted by Kirill St. on 3 July, 2012 - 8:53 am
Student project in coriolis density measurement.
New Replies:
Just a quick question guys on Coriolis flow meters. When the meter is reading zero flow, what...
Originally posted by Frank19842003 on 23 July, 2010 - 5:28 pm
crude oil volume flowmeter at 60F reference temperature
New Replies:
In addition to Endress and Hauser, Micromotion, Invensys, Rheonic(GE), khrone, Yokogawa also have...
Originally posted by Chris on 23 July, 2009 - 4:53 pm
Dont understand pressure compensation requirement
New Replies:
Density is function of both pressure and temperature......
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
Cost Effective Metering Software
Posted by sanjay on 7 January, 2013 - 2:17 am
Which is the best and cost effective software for smartmetering application?
from the maintenance department...
CT details to measure electrical energy (kwh)
Posted by panthripu on 6 January, 2013 - 2:01 pm
Portable electrical energy meter (kwh).
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
PID regulator output
Originally posted by John Smith on 27 December, 2012 - 11:56 am
How to determine what value of PID output represents 100% of duty cycle of pulse generator?
New Replies:
>My suggestion is that you keep the >proportional gain below x10 and >implement the...
You will never be able to stabilize the ball with just the proportional control. The ball will...
In theory everything sounds ok, but when I try to implement it in practice it simply doesn't work. ...
John Smith, I'm assuming that you are using a pulse width modulation type control for the fan....
from the Vibration department...
vibration reading
Originally posted by anonymous on 15 August, 2010 - 9:15 pm
vibration reading conversion
New Replies:
in my plant turbine rpm is 7500, front shaft vibration is 25 micron. putting values on your...
from the How many holes should be in that thing? department...
Flow dynamic is affecting stillwell, and level reading, for hydrostatic level transmitter
Originally posted by Michael Borrelli on 4 January, 2013 - 2:44 pm
Cooling tower level probes have stillwell with 1/2 inch holes every 6 inches and 90 degrees apart, from top to bottom of the 18 foot pit. Now the level in the stillwell has changed by as much as a foot.
New Replies:
I'm not convinced it's fluid dynamics, but who knows? 1.>A strange dynamic has occurred...
If there is only one liquid in the well all you need is a hole in the bottom and another at the top...
The holes defeat the purpose of a stilling well allowing flow past the holes to affect the level....
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the instrumentation department...
Flow meter to be used with corrosive gases like CL2
Posted by engdarsh on 31 December, 2012 - 2:28 am
Looking for a flow meter that can be used with corrosive gases like CL2
from the Contrl system department...
Interposing relay Panel
Originally posted by Ashish soni on 16 October, 2011 - 3:18 am
Do we need two type of Interposing relays in Relay panel for controlling Motor & getting feedback?
New Replies:
Hello, I couldn't agree with your comment on the DCS/PLC DO. Please note that 24 V DC...
dear, the situation is i want to control the level of a tank with 3 motors 2 are in operation...
water tank electronic system
Posted by Patrick on 27 December, 2012 - 4:58 am
Is Someone here know about water tank functions inside the condominium in Venezuela
Topic: Information resources, documentation.
from the IFSA department...
All about Sensors
Posted by syurish on 26 December, 2012 - 3:36 am
New issue of IFSA Newsletter, No.11-12, December 2012
from the automation department...
E&H ultrasonic level measurement FMU 867
Originally posted by paru on 20 December, 2012 - 10:03 am
Why my ultrasonic level sensor is not responding?
New Replies:
I'm not sure which document you were reading, but other ultrasonic vendors do not do it in that...
thanks guys I read some other documents of the manufacturer and came to know that by when all...
Synch is for - transducers installed in the same tank/bin or - when the cables from the...
I believe this is required in the sensors fixed in same tank or bin for getting average or...
Google is your friend. The manual is your friend. Page 16, FMU manual 45564377: ...
Once again thanks I managed to find out the problem but don't know why exactly does this...
It definitely needs to go back to the factory, it sounds like to me. Walt Boyes, FInstMC,...
Thanks I tried almost the same way, but in some cases it works. But again when i check the same...
First, put the device back to its default parameters. You may well have set something incorrectly. ...
Topic: Motion control, servos, steppers, etc.
Zero speed monitor
Originally posted by Hal on 17 December, 2012 - 4:53 am
Zero speed monitor
New Replies:
Zero speed monitors will be different depending on the application - a couple from mining: 1/...
Surprisingly ; )P I agree completely with Curt. It is surprising how people cannot grasp a motor...
Thanks for the replies. So if a motor is trying to turn a load and it's taking a while to get going...
There are several different ways for this to work. Generally, on an AC induction motor with no...
Generally, a zero speed monitor is just a timer, a one-shot, a monostable multivibrator. It is set...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
BN 3300 condition monitoring system fault
Posted by Napster on 17 December, 2012 - 11:16 pm
Bentley Nevada 3300 system fault.
from the Applications department...
Non-Nuclear Density Meter For Slurry
Originally posted by Austin Bell on 24 April, 2012 - 2:27 pm
Does anybody know of a non-nuclear continuous in- line density meter for slurry?
New Replies:
I am interested in your device. Please contact me off list. Walt Walt Boyes, FInstMC,...
I need a large scale
Originally posted by Brendan on 14 December, 2012 - 1:09 pm
I need a giant scale
New Replies:
How bout a compression load cell under each corner and a summing box going to an instrumentation...
Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
-- Frank Zappa
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive