Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next
Control.com topic...
Sensors
Topic: Motion control, servos, steppers, etc.
from the Forum department...
Zero speed monitor
Originally posted by Hal on 17 December, 2012 - 4:53 am
Zero speed monitor
New Replies:
Surprisingly ; )P I agree completely with Curt. It is surprising how people cannot grasp a motor...
Thanks for the replies. So if a motor is trying to turn a load and it's taking a while to get going...
There are several different ways for this to work. Generally, on an AC induction motor with no...
Generally, a zero speed monitor is just a timer, a one-shot, a monostable multivibrator. It is set...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
BN 3300 condition monitoring system fault
Posted by Napster on 17 December, 2012 - 11:16 pm
Bentley Nevada 3300 system fault.
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Applications department...
Non-Nuclear Density Meter For Slurry
Originally posted by Austin Bell on 24 April, 2012 - 2:27 pm
Does anybody know of a non-nuclear continuous in- line density meter for slurry?
New Replies:
I am interested in your device. Please contact me off list. Walt Walt Boyes, FInstMC,...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
I need a large scale
Originally posted by Brendan on 14 December, 2012 - 1:09 pm
I need a giant scale
New Replies:
How bout a compression load cell under each corner and a summing box going to an instrumentation...
from the Instrument department...
Flow Recorder on CO2 Service
Originally posted by Qaisar Iqbal on 13 December, 2012 - 11:59 am
A flow transmitter is installed on CO2 Service always shows erratic behaviour in changing season i.e, from summer to winter. How can I rectify it?
New Replies:
> What technology is the transmitter? transmitter technology is capacitance type. Change in...
What technology is the transmitter? Located where,physically? CO2 Line temperature?...
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
Gateway for custom function codes.
Originally posted by Joshua Smith on 12 December, 2012 - 8:37 pm
Looking for recommendations of off the shelf RTU to TCP converters that will pass a non-standard Modbus function code.
New Replies:
By Lynn August Linse on 14 December, 2012 - 10:02 am -
> I have tried a Ruggedcom and a Moxa RTU to TCP converter, but they just reject the any >...
Air Flow Meters
Originally posted by Omer on 9 December, 2012 - 1:33 pm
Open (Not in Ducts) Air Flow Meters required for Utility Tunnel Application
New Replies:
Reading your post again in the light of day. The Velocity is very low but a fan might still work. ...
I thought I was alone in this out of the box thinking. I find it sometimes helps to run a few ma....
If you get a cooling fan something like you would install in a large cabinet. An AC powered type...
You might look into a handheld anemometer, some are available for very low velocities. Omega...
Originally posted by Deepak Singh on 12 December, 2012 - 2:55 am
Which flow meter will be applicable for above mentioned subject if tapping is not allowed ?
New Replies:
Mag meters may work. Krohne, ABB and others make mag meters that operate in partially filled pipes....
I've used various ultrasonic open channel flowmeters that use ultrasonic transducers from...
The advantages of magnetic flow meter technology mean that Magflow meters are commonly used in the...
Depends on the type of underground pipeline and what the size of the line is, and what the...
Originally posted by khan on 7 December, 2012 - 2:00 am
why gas metering package is in necessary while we can use only flow meter to measure quantity.
New Replies:
> why gas metering package is in necessary while we can use only flow > meter to measure...
from the Calibartion of transmitter with HART department...
Rosemount 3095 Multivariable Transmitter link using Engineering Access software
Originally posted by Justin on 24 April, 2012 - 2:22 am
Changing Flow fluid type and other variables with software link to P.C using HART modem.
New Replies:
> Did you ever find out a price? I'm in the same boat, can't find my old disk and need a new...
from the MARK V department...
SRV doesn't work
Originally posted by Zihni on 9 December, 2012 - 8:38 am
I work in a CCPP which have two F9E and MS9001 GTs. We have a problem related to operation SRV valve in our GT. GTs work under Mark V control. Can you please help us?
New Replies:
otised, Thanks for the information!...
CSA, I did say "fairly" constant. That is also probably not accurate - I forgot to...
Thank you for feedback!!...
otised, I'm trying to understand when the pressure drop across the GCV is or would be constant....
Voyager2, The SRV does NOT control turbine speed. The SRV controls P2 (intervalve) pressure as a...
Zihni, Thanks for the feedback!...
Thank you for your reply. We replaced servo valve and problem solved. The valve is normal work....
If the SRV is fully open, indicates that the servo is damaged or the card who feeds the servo is...
Hi, We too experienced such problem in the past. It might be a servo valve problem or line...
Posted by vuyi on 10 December, 2012 - 2:22 pm
-2wire connection
-3wire connection
-powered loop
-brief description on magnetism
from the Liquid metal department...
Measuring VERY hot liquid flow
Originally posted by Dom Tremblay on 8 December, 2012 - 8:58 pm
Trying to find a flowmeter to measure 530oC liquid.
New Replies:
By Popd.ix.netcom.com on 8 December, 2012 - 11:16 pm -
Talk to GE Panametrics. Ultrasonics have been used for many years on hot metal flows such as liquid...
brix measurement for cane juice
Originally posted by nelson mukarakate on 6 December, 2012 - 1:40 am
how do you measure brix?
New Replies:
Use DT Transmitter of SMAR Brazil for the BRIX measurement. Its good & cost effective. We...
Bellingham & Stanley are reputable suppliers of refractometers (handheld and process) for...
Refractometer is one way, if sampling and measuring off-line so you can clean it afterwards. ...
Typically with a refractometer. There are various types on the market which can give you an inline ...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the Mechanical Engineering department...
increase in gap voltage at zero speed of axial shift, 110 MW ST
Posted by b k singh on 7 December, 2012 - 9:52 pm
The gap voltage of axial shift was set at -7.6V during installation. its changed from -7.6V at 9.31 to -8.76V at 20.51, the turbine rotor is at zero speed.
from the Gas Detection department...
Gas Detector Wiring
Originally posted by Rajesh kawle on 6 December, 2012 - 2:24 am
Can i used Shielded wire for (-, or signal) on gas detector.
New Replies:
> Can i used Shielded wire for (-, or signal)? No you can not use the shield wire for any...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
Frame 5 Honeywell Flame Detectors
Originally posted by PCB on 28 November, 2012 - 11:25 pm
Fluctuating flame intensity on primary combustion chamber flame detectors
New Replies:
Thanks again for the info. Card changes are the next step but that will not be for some time as a...
from the Why Not use a trubine department...
FloBoss 103 glycol/water flow setup with orifice plate
Posted by Matthew Rebus on 5 December, 2012 - 6:09 pm
Looking for how to set up a meter run. for a heat medium glycol solution on a floboss 103
Select Page: Previous 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Necessity is a mother.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive